Zain Dean conviction--fatal hit & run case PART III

I guess I have figured out parts this morning:

1. go to jirs.judicial.gov.tw/FJUD/ didn’t allow me to translate, probably because of some frame or something)
  2. use google translate or chrome to translate, or use the following info:
  • In the drop down menu, you chose the court. If you know what you are looking for, but not which court, simply do one search for each.

The possible choices for the court are:

"司法院-刑事補償 Judicial Yuan - Criminal Compensation "司法院-訴願決定"> Judicial Yuan - an appeal decision "司法院職務法庭"> Judicial Yuan duties the court "最高法院"> Supreme Court "最高行政法院"> Supreme Administrative Court "公務員懲戒委員會"> Committee on the Discipline "臺灣高等法院"> Taiwan High Court "臺灣高等法院-訴願決定"> Taiwan High Court - appeal decision "臺北高等行政法院"> Taipei High Administrative Court "臺中高等行政法院"> Taichung High Administrative Court "高雄高等行政法院"> Kaohsiung High Administrative Court "智慧財產法院"> Intellectual Property Court "臺灣高等法院臺中分院"> Taichung branch of the Taiwan High Court "臺灣高等法院臺南分院"> Tainan Branch of the Taiwan High Court "臺灣高等法院高雄分院"> Kaohsiung branch of the Taiwan High Court "臺灣高等法院花蓮分院"> Taiwan High Court the Hualien branch "臺灣臺北地方法院"> Taipei District Court, Taiwan "臺灣士林地方法院"> Taiwan Shihlin District Court "臺灣新北地方法院"> Taiwan new North District Court "臺灣宜蘭地方法院"> Ilan District Court "臺灣基隆地方法院"> Taiwan Keelung District Court "臺灣桃園地方法院"> Taiwan Taoyuan District Court "臺灣新竹地方法院"> Hsinchu District Court in Taiwan "臺灣苗栗地方法院"> Taiwan, Miaoli District Court "臺灣臺中地方法院"> Taichung District "臺灣彰化地方法院"> Taiwan's Changhua District Court "臺灣南投地方法院"> Taiwan's Nantou District Court "臺灣雲林地方法院"> Taiwan Yunlin District Court "臺灣嘉義地方法院"> Taiwan Chiayi District Court "臺灣臺南地方法院"> Taiwan Tainan District Court "臺灣高雄地方法院"> Taiwan Kaohsiung District Court "臺灣花蓮地方法院"> Taiwan Hualien District Court "臺灣臺東地方法院"> Taitung, Taiwan District Court "臺灣屏東地方法院"> Taiwan Pingtung District Court "臺灣澎湖地方法院"> the Taiwan Penghu District Court "福建高等法院金門分院"> Fujian High Court, Kinmen branch "福建金門地方法院"> Fujian Kinmen District Court "福建連江地方法院"> Fujian Lianjiang District Court "臺灣高雄少年及家事法院"> Taiwan Kaohsiung Youth and Family Court

• The radio buttons below select the kind of case: first is criminal, second is civil, others I didn’t care

• Below that you can enter details if you already know the year (first field) and number of the case (last field). The middle field, which can be filled by the dropdown menu, selects the category, like Complaint, Marriage, Insurance, etc. If you just look around generally, leave everything here blank.

• fourth row is I guess the topic of the judgement, I would also leave it open, or put the “public danger” in there if you look for ZD :wink:

• 5th row is interesting: Here you put year, month date of start and end of a search. i just put 80 1 1 102 1 1 to see all recent cases. Caution: This seems to be not the date of the judgement, but the date of publishing! Almost made me miss the newest judgement on ZD, when I put 101-1-1 as end date.

• Last row is the full text search. I used “Khaled” and “Zain” as well as his company’s name in Chinese to find the judgements so far. Since you want to search for other cases with possible videos from the streets (which is smart, in case the police and judge really said/believed all the cams where out of order as claimed by ZD), maybe try the involved street names in Chinese, while also limiting the dates to a reasonable time.

Apart from that I kinda feel understanding the judgement completely would be a big prerequisite to going any further. I hope I can provide the translated version in a few weeks… if anyone has specific questions that should be clarified regarding the judgement, please send me a PM or comment in that thread.

Hint: If you want to post a link to anything you found, I think the “printer friendly view” is the one working best. Simply when viewing the judgement, click the uppermost rightmost link, it will open a new windows with a black and white version. Copying the link of that resulting page seems to work.