Zain Dean conviction--fatal hit & run case PART III

ZD deans company website claimed it was registered in the UK but searches in the UK by another poster found no such company registration.
forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopi … &start=130

About NCL not being registered in UK or Scotland is discussed here forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopi … &start=150 also discussed is ZD previous criminal conviction over copywrite. Below is what I am a city girl wrote.

[quote]NCL Media UK Ltd. Company Introduction quoted Company Introduction
NCL Media UK Ltd is a British company, registered in Scotland UK. Our office in Taipei was founded and managed by Zain T. Dean since 1996. We also have offices currently operating in Edinburgh, Geneva and Washington. Our vision is to deliver well articulated messages that convey the brand value persuasively, in the style that will appeal to the audience. We have the most experience in producing corporate communications for Taiwanese companies. With the Taiwan office established in 1996, we have over 11 years experience in producing films, websites and print materials for sales and marketing use in the international markets, and have over 150 projects completed.[/quote]

[quote]Rotalsnart wrote:
According to the United Daily News article under discussion earlier, before the hit and run case there was already a warrant out for his arrest (for 8 years) for failure to show up in court for the earlier case. He had never been brought in on the warrant, and had changed his Chinese name to a different name from the one on the warrant. This was discovered when he was brought in on the hit and run case.[/quote]

ZD deans company website claimed it was registered in the UK but searches in the UK by another poster found no such company registration.
forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopi … &start=130

About NCL not being registered in UK or Scotland is discussed here forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopi … &start=150 also discussed is ZD previous criminal conviction over copywrite. Below is what I am a city girl wrote.

[quote]NCL Media UK Ltd. Company Introduction quoted Company Introduction
NCL Media UK Ltd is a British company, registered in Scotland UK. Our office in Taipei was founded and managed by Zain T. Dean since 1996. We also have offices currently operating in Edinburgh, Geneva and Washington. Our vision is to deliver well articulated messages that convey the brand value persuasively, in the style that will appeal to the audience. We have the most experience in producing corporate communications for Taiwanese companies. With the Taiwan office established in 1996, we have over 11 years experience in producing films, websites and print materials for sales and marketing use in the international markets, and have over 150 projects completed.[/quote]

[quote]Rotalsnart wrote:
According to the United Daily News article under discussion earlier, before the hit and run case there was already a warrant out for his arrest (for 8 years) for failure to show up in court for the earlier case. He had never been brought in on the warrant, and had changed his Chinese name to a different name from the one on the warrant. This was discovered when he was brought in on the hit and run case.[/quote]

That’s all minor stuff, companies claim this kind of thing all the time. The criminal conviction was for using pirated MS Windows , I guess at one stage MOST copies of MS Windows were pirate here. This is not very relevant to me.

Is this the flogging a dead horse thread?

Mea culpa. As long as there is no new info, I guess it’s indeed hardly worth discussing the same known stuff over and over.

Yeah, it was my fault. I had missed the 2nd conviction update in this thread, then asked for an update, so the horse was beaten. Thanks though :smiley:

There’s no need to apologise. I’m wondering if he has started serving the sentence and will appeal again?

That would be interesting to know. While I am not able to pass judgement over the case the whole affair so far leaves me with a very uncomfortable feeling. A Taiwanese observer may easily get the impression foreigner-bashing is the thing to do prior to a case at court as he or she may feel re-confirmed by the continued sentence.

Latest info from Chinese-language online media tonight (should be in papers tomorrow):

Police are questioning a white Englishman who let Zain Dean use his passport to escape to Thailand through Taoyuan Airport last August 8.

[quote=“enzo+”]Latest info from Chinese-language online media tonight (should be in papers tomorrow):

Police are questioning a white Englishman who let Zain Dean use his passport to escape to Thailand through Taoyuan Airport last August 8.[/quote]

Is this for real?

Well I’ve found the link in Chinese and it seems theyve been looking for him since August! I find it rather remarkable none of his friends commented on this fact.

ettoday.net/news/20130129/158757.htm

He is not the first guy to do a runner, I just feel a bit worried how this is going to look for the rest of us.

Wow… all this time I thought he had actually been locked up!

I’m watching tvbs right now, and they’re discussing the situation. Looks like he got away.

It looks like he’s off Facebook, too. Taiwan’s finest aren’t going to have a chance of tracking him down now. His Facebook updates were their only way of following his movements.

Nope. His account has had activity not so long ago.

Good job Zain Dean. :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

He was gonna get fucked here,guilty or not.

The justice system here must be one of the most pathetic and corrupt ones out there.

It would have looked really good for them if they sent a bignose away for life, large hot dog and all!! :roflmao:

Is Hollywood developing Zain Dean “Catch Me If You Can” Taiwan Runner Movie? RE:

Hollywood might be looking into developing a new movie starring either Tom Hanks or Leonardo DeCaprio as an Indian/British man who was sentented to 4 years in jail for his role in an alleged hit and run accident that killed an innocent motorscooter driver who was his by the man’s Mercedes Benz, although Dean insisted he was not driving his car but was asleep in the passenger seat while a local KTV staffer was driving him home to his Taiwanese wife after a long night out drinking and partying. Sentenced to jail after a lengthy and controversial trial, Dean was supposed to report to authorities for his prison sentence but he absconded, and left the country, using another British man’s passport – the man named David was teaching English in Taiwan – and flew to Thailand in September 2012. In early 2013, Taiwan police confessed that Dean has fled the country, had never reported to jail as he was supposed to, and that the airport immigration clerks had somehow been fooled into thinking the passport holder was the other British national. Police are now looking for both David and Dean. Hollywood has plans to make a movie about this, not a comedy per se, but a comedy of police errors, and with a tragic tone to the film. Not a prison escape movie per se, but a convicted felon escaping from a country using another man’s passport to ‘‘get out of jail free’’.

Nope. His account has had activity not so long ago.[/quote]

You’re right. I notice that he very craftily kept his location as “Taipei, Taiwan”. This is what must have confused the Taiwanese police for so long.

Man convicted of hit and run does a runner. Who’d have thunk that, eh?

Why does Taiwan have this “reporting for jail” nonsense anyway? Is there any other place in the world where a convict is free to leave the court after being given a custodial sentence?

Yes many countries do this. But few have a problem with runners like Taiwan. His bail was ridiculously low, 150,000 NT, something like that.