06/06/06 - The Omen

We actually did it, went to see “The Omen” yesterday on 06/06/06. As the movie was rather stupid and slow, and at some times even boring. It also had a bunch of flaws. Why the heck would they keep that stupid Nanny? Why didn’t he put Damien in the trunk? Why did he have to shoot out of his property, go all crazy, just to attract the attention of the cops? Why didn’t he ask the guards not to let the nanny and son into her room? She even almost ask him for doing so. Anyway, I was hoping to get scared a bit better on such an evil day.

But afterall, I did like the conclusion. I always knew that Bush is raising evil.

It’s good to see that supernatural “Children are evil” movies are staging a comeback.

Once there was a buxiban…

[quote=“jdsmith”]It’s good to see that supernatural “Children are evil” movies are staging a comeback.

Once there was a buxiban…[/quote]

I was just hoping for a better comeback than this one. The best of all time I have seen was probably “The Ring”, cause, “She never sleeps”.

The original Omen movies scared the shit out of me. I’d love to see them again.

I didn’t find the original Omen all that good. I’m trying to download the new one with no luck right now. Not expecting much, but anything’s gotta be better than The Davinci Code.

I read that it REEAALLY sucked.

Good heavens, isn’t there going to be anything good this summer?!?! :s

[quote=“Dragonbones”]I read that it REEAALLY sucked.

Good heavens, isn’t there going to be anything good this summer?!?! :s[/quote]
Superman
Kevin Spacey = Lex Luther

X-Men: I will try to catch this one.

Scary Movie 4
Even though I haven’t seen any of the movies they make fun of, they are always good for a laugh.

Yes.
Snakes on a Plane :slight_smile:

The more I think about the movie I am more and more wondering if the author did want to make a political statement. He does cover a lot of recent events and the rather depressing scene in Israel demonstrating the military lock-down did not add anything to the story line. Also, I find it a bit odd, that the US president is adopting the son of one of his embassadors. And then just the point that the anti christ is now the son of a US president has also resemblence with current events. :laughing:

Just wondering…

Besides that, the movie had its good moments, but most of the rest was not that great at all.

the original Omen is a classic, loved it. Gregory Peck was great. I would be happy if this one was half as scary…

[quote=“ratlung”]The more I think about the movie I am more and more wondering if the author did want to make a political statement. He does cover a lot of recent events and the rather depressing scene in Israel demonstrating the military lock-down did not add anything to the story line. Also, I find it a bit odd, that the US president is adopting the son of one of his embassadors. And then just the point that the anti christ is now the son of a US president has also resemblence with current events. :laughing:

Just wondering…

Besides that, the movie had its good moments, but most of the rest was not that great at all.[/quote]

how can you hope to apreciate a movie fully if you miss the bits that keep it together…?

it was clearly said that the young embassador was the president’s god-son.

the original was really scary,never again will anyone manage as good a spook as in the 70’s/early 80’s.

whenever i still watch 'the omen" or “exorcist” i feel uneasy,even more so from the former,it pushed every buttons

the new version was pretty scary,but in a totally different way,it had to include snippets of scary images to make the crowd jolt,but it was overall a pretty descent remake,the one and only thing they got wrong (and the one and only thing they couldn’t afford to get wrong) was the choice for the kid,that boy was rubbish,the original movie had a kid that didn’t need to act,he was pure evil.

(i went to the cathedral where,in the original movie,the priest gets skewered (in guildford) and yeah,it makes you sweat quite a bit :blush: :smiley:

I guess I must have missed that. But still don’t think that this fact would have made the movie any better. I did not think it was that scary. Maybe I am just desensitized, or do not get that impressed by the devil. :smiley:

The Exorcist was scarier. Omen 3 was pretty scary. Omen 2 was awful. They should have called it “Omen - The Interim”.

I suppose they’ll remake every single film ever made then? Is anyone actually making new films, or are we on a 30-year loop?

[quote=“dablindfrog”]
the new version was pretty scary,but in a totally different way,it had to include snippets of scary images to make the crowd jolt,but it was overall a pretty descent remake,the one and only thing they got wrong (and the one and only thing they couldn’t afford to get wrong) was the choice for the kid,that boy was rubbish,the original movie had a kid that didn’t need to act,he was pure evil.[/quote]

He’s not had much of an acting career since the original movie, but it seems he re-appeared in the remake as a tabloid reporter…

imdb.com/name/nm0827032/

His name’s Harvey Stephens, btw.

Oh, and some pretty interesting trivia…

Twelve months after the film had been released: John Richardson, the man responsible for the idea for the decapitation scene was driving on Friday the 13th with his assistant, Liz Moore, to their next movie. There was a massive head-on collision with another car, and Moore was cut in half by Richardson’s crumpled front wheel. Even more disturbingly, when he regained consiousness, the first thing he saw was 666 written in large text on a road sign. The numbers were a distance to somewhere, but also on the sign was an arrow directing people to the town of, even more spookily, Ommen

(from en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Omen)

both “the omen” and “the exorcist” have surounded themselves with damnation and curse stories,for the sake of public interest and get viewers to think “will shit happen to me if i watch this?”

still,if any of them was true,i’d quit making scary movies