10th Year On Forumosa

I just got a badge saying today marks my 10th year on the forum. Time flys!

Thanks for all the interesting discussions. This place has been an interesting place to discuss all sorts of things. I have certainly learned a lot from other posters and it’s interesting to see how I’ve matured from 10 years ago and how my views of the world have changed.

:slight_smile:

17 Likes

They must run the search at certain times as I just got the same, though i joined 10 years and 4 months back.

5 Likes

N00b!

3 Likes
2 Likes

I thought you joined in 2009

1 Like

I just got the following:
“This badge is granted when you’ve been a member for a year with at least one post in that year. Thank you for sticking around and contributing to our community. We couldn’t do it without you.”
The badge looks like a clock.

2 Likes

It just shows that this forum is useless for language acquisition,

5 Likes

It would appear so, indeed.

Screen Shot 2022-05-05 at 17.02.38

1 Like

It’s all about clock acquisition.
It was easy to get my first clock.

1 Like

Idk why I got the badge that says 10 years though

1 Like

I think you have 10 “Anniversary” badges - was there three years that you didn’t post?

Maybe the badges started in 2011

It’s also pretty useless for perfection of punctuation;

2 Likes

I also got the badge with a ten. I been here since 1999.

2 Likes

I got it too. And I’m not sure how accurate it is.

1 Like

If you click through on the badge, you can see who else got it - and many many people got it nine hours ago. Bordering on everyone.

I smell a rat :rat:

I smell a bear :teddy_bear:

1 Like

Got the same badge too…it’s an anniversary badge which is granted every year if we make at least one post that year. Mine shows a gap of 6 years between 2009~2015… hmmmmmm, wonder where I went during those 6 years? :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I have 10 - every year from 2012 on, except 2014.

1 Like