141 foreign professionals naturalized as Taiwan citizens in three years

Thank you sir! :salute:

Guy

2 Likes

How did you/the person in question qualify for the Plum Blossom Card?

I refer you, sir, to this fine thread:

Guy

1 Like

When is safe to start doing the naturalization process and avoid military service? I hear is 35 years old. I almost there

Pretty much.

Yes, as long as your first ID is issued after January 1st of the year you turn 36 you won’t be required to do military service.

1 Like

So . . . are you saying you want to join this club without taking steps to learn how to protect us? :upside_down_face:

Guy

3 Likes

This is not correct. You can start the process on the year of your 35th birthday but it takes usually 14-18 months between applying for naturalization, getting your TARC and waiting for 365 days. By the time you get your ID you will be 36, you will still be of draft-able age at 36 but they cannot make you do military service until next year after receiving your ID and that means it will be your 37th birthday year and not draft-able anymore.

If you get your ID during your 35th bday year you will still be draftable the next year during your 36th birthday.

I’ve corrected my post–if you do your initial household registration after January 1st of the year you turn 36 (even if you are still 35) you won’t have to serve as there is a 1 year grace period after naturalizing before you become eligible for service. For instance, I did my initial household registration in April and didn’t turn 36 until December later that year. I did not have to do military service.

Conscription Regulations for Naturalized Aliens & Returning Overseas Chinese

Article 2

A naturalized male alien within the range of conscription age shall be subject to conscription enlistment according to law upon expiry of one-year period beginning the day next to his initial household registration.

1 Like

lol Like I don’t have to work, have a family, pay the mortgage, etc

I did it the exact same way, that is why I mentioned the year of your birthday not your exact birthday.

“There have been millions and millions of Chinese-Americans but zero American-Chinese” says Harvard’s Eric Liu.

No American has ever been granted citizenship in China and become American Chinese. Not 1. Japan Korea the same.

1 Like

I don’t think that’s true.

The People’s Republic of China does not recognize dual nationality for any Chinese national.

Source: çł»ç»Ÿç»ŽæŠ€_侭捎äșșæ°‘ć…±ć’Œć›œć€–äș€éƒš

And china only gives PR to only a very select few foreigners, people who are famous in China for one reason or another. Citizenship no way.
Unless you’re a famous American Chinese Olympic freestyle skier, in which case it will be ‘ambiguous’

2 Likes

same in Taiwan, you dont even have to be Chinese, just play baseball or basketball.

1 Like

The skier is already at least half chinese. Eric Liu reported that if you are already Chinese and the right Chinese, 7/8 “Han” Chinese then you can get citizenship despite 1/8 pollution. Bruce Lee therefore could get Chinese citizenship despite being 1/8 white. Japanese born outside Japan must prove 15/16ths Japanese and only 1/8 pollution

1 Like

She’s half Chinese but I thought China had a rule that you couldn’t hold two citizenships. With her, they won’t confirm or deny her citizenship.

Completely false.

So I should to wait
 damn, bad to be young. Or the armed forces will need to deal with a tall waiguoren mf :joy:

If you were born before 1993 you should know that you will have to serve 1 year of alternative service, which involves living in a dormitory at least 5 nights a week.