15 y.o. boys pimping 12 y.o. girls from Taiwan?!

What the hell? I came to this country to try and get away from this rubbish. I mean, 15 years old??
crimeblitznews.com/2011/06/03/fi … age-girls/

[color=#008000]Mod note: Title changed from “I can’t believe this”. Please use descriptive titles so that readers know what a thread is about.[/color]

[quote=“mike555”]What the hell? I came to this country to try and get away from this rubbish. I mean, 15 years old??
[/quote]
Sounds like Japan. Don’t young teenage girls there also get into prostitution so ‘they can buy designer items’, as claimed in the article?

[quote=“bababa”][quote=“mike555”]What the hell? I came to this country to try and get away from this rubbish. I mean, 15 years old??

[/quote]
Sounds like Japan. Don’t young teenage girls there also get into prostitution so ‘they can buy designer items’, as claimed in the article?[/quote]
Come on you guys…stop calling it prostitution! It’s called “Compensated Dating” and it’s very popular in Hong Kong, too. Here’s an article where an enterprising young girl got arrested for simply being a good business woman. Gee whiz! She could be wasting her time studying for endless exams, watching TV, playing video games, but instead she’s gone into self-employment! Let’s put our hands together and give a nice round of applause for these young women who are exercising their independence and shrewd business skills to market a product which is and always will be in high demand! Shower the praise people!!! :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

[quote]
Hong Kong teenage girl convicted of offering “compensated dating”

Jul 9, 2009, 10:20 GMT

Hong Kong - A teenage Hong Kong girl was Thursday convicted of soliciting in the latest in a series of ‘compensated dating’ cases involving students selling sex for shopping money.

Fung Nga-shan, 17, was one of a group of seven girls including secondary school pupils arrested last September after they advertised sexual services for money over the internet.

The girls were arrested in a sting operation by undercover police posing as customers for the so-called compensated dating, a euphemism for prostitution involving schoolgirls and college students.

At Thursday’s hearing in Hong Kong’s Kowloon City Court, Fung pleaded guilty to one count of soliciting for immoral purposes. She was sentenced to one year’s probation.

A survey released last month found an increasing number of Hong Kong teenage girls are offering compensated dating, which is believed to have spread to the city of 7 million from Japan.

In many cases, girls sell sex to earn money to buy designer clothes, the survey found, with 6.6 per cent of interviewees saying they knew of fellow students who had indulged in the trade.

In June, a 19-year-old girl was arrested after a video of her giving a man oral sex on a double-decker bus to earn 25 US dollars towards a Gucci handbag circulated on the internet.[/quote]

Here’s an article regarding Compensated Dating which is orginally known as Enjo Kōsai where men pay girls for favors.

Conversely, there is Gyaku-Enjo-Kōsai, which is the reverse where a woman pays a man for favors in a compensated dating way. Damn,I gotta figure out how to work this angle! :roflmao:

Poor girls. I wish they knew how precious they are.

More than 2,000NT. That’s for sure.

More than 2,000NT. That’s for sure.[/quote]
Oh!! More than anything tangible. Dunno if you have a girl doc, but when I see mine,the innocence of her laughter and her non-stop chatter, I wish that was all there was in this world for girls. Eating ice-creams, swings, painting flowers, wearing summer dresses, and laughing with abandon. I know, I know prostitution is as old as history and yet, 12 year olds doing it for a bag or a tee is another level of innocence being stripped away.

[quote]
Hong Kong teenage girl convicted of offering “compensated dating”

In June, a 19-year-old girl was arrested after a video of her giving a man oral sex on a double-decker bus to earn 25 US dollars towards a Gucci handbag circulated on the internet.[/quote][/quote]
Doesn’t sound like she is displaying much business sense to me. $25 US for a blow job in a public place? This isn’t a third-world slum. Hell, when I was 34 a guy staying at the Chungking Mansions offered me $300 US; a teenage girl should be able to get more than that. And how many times would she have to do this to get a real Gucci handbag? The mind reels.

Quite. Designer tat should be priced in CC’s.

To pay for school, rent, utilities, OK. I can see why a girl would do that. (As an early 20s, broke ass poor graduate I can EASILY understand) Hell, for a good enough deal, safety first, and all I might even consider it- and I’m by no means disadvantaged economically.

But for a handbag and clothes? What the fuck. Don’t the parents in these countries know how to instill a sense of pride in their young girls?

I guess not. Even the advantaged girls like at my school showcased an extreme disregard for their “innocence” (as divea puts it) and their modesty. The Asians put on a big show every year and they would have these “fashion shows” as part. The Japanese and I guess Koreans (not many Taiwanese in the school) would parade out into the auditorium of over 500 people in these babydoll dresses. It was incredibly obscene and most of the professors would simply walk out. I guess in their own countries, a few take it even further. But where is the satisfaction?? They’d be considered ten-cent whores in the West. At least make enough money to give yourself some sense of worth.

That article says in the first line “Compensated Dating […] is a practice which originated in Japan”. That is amazing - no, not because the writer there uses “which” instead of “that”, but because of something that is much, much rarer: someone actually acknowledges explicitly the cultural debt they owe us Japanese without any sense of a grudge. After all, although we invented many other astounding practices, such as breathing, drinking tea, walking upright, fucking, and killing and shared them with the world completely free of charge, the vast majority of the world’s population doesn’t in the slightest acknowledge our contributions. Glad to know that there is an exception to this sad rule.

No one is claiming prostitution originated in Japan, but this particular type of it certainly did.

That article says in the first line “Compensated Dating […] is a practice which originated in Japan”. That is amazing - no, not because the writer there uses “which” instead of “that”, but because of something that is much, much rarer: someone actually acknowledges explicitly the cultural debt they owe us Japanese without any sense of a grudge. After all, although we invented many other astounding practices, such as breathing, drinking tea, walking upright, fucking, and killing and shared them with the world completely free of charge, the vast majority of the world’s population doesn’t in the slightest acknowledge our contributions. Glad to know that there is an exception to this sad rule.[/quote]

To be more specific, I think the article meant prostitution conducted by young, educated, and economically well-off girls. Prostitution has been around for ages but traditionally it has involved those who are disadvantaged. The Japanese girls getting compensation for dating do no represent a disadvantaged group of people.

No, I’m with yuli on this one. There’s an image amongst many people of only poor people engaging in “immorality”. Anyone who has spent any time around the upper middle class or upper class knows that they engage in just as much “immorality”. It’s just better hidden and covered up by richer people. The Japanese did not, in any way, invent this kind of teenage prostitution, at least not recently.

While I think your point is valid, I must state that I don’t consider prostitution immoral though… I believe any means of survival which doesn’t harm another is perfectly moral.

And if we’re not talking about survival, I think those girls have a freedom to act as they wish without my judgement.
While I don’t believe this brand of “compensated dating” is immoral, I still think its senseless and demeaning ($25?!). But that’s my cultural upbringing coming through- or my sense of pride and worth.

Lili: I don’t believe it’s immoral either. I was just talking about how things actually are even if we buy into that notion of immorality.

Ummmmmmm Prostitution not immoral??? Only if it is forced (co-erced, the whole gamut) but when you get your food at home and a warm bed and want to sleep around for a designer bag, it does start to get immoral just about then.

:astonished: Freedom to act??? 12 year olds don’t have freedom to act. Sure they can pick their own dresses, but they don’t or shouldn’t have the freedom to have sex, much less for a Gucci bag. Freedom to act?? Sheesh!

Dunno about originating in Japan. Maybe. I Do have vivid memories, however, of being solicited by high school girls in the big park just near the train station in Kuala Lumpur for exactly the same king of thing. And that was 20 years ago. Slow news day, nothing more.

For anyone to justify, or should I say TRY to justify, this type of crime against these young girls is despicable.

A person must be a sick, deviant. perverted animal to think that this is in anyway not a crime in a civilized society.
One who attempts this justification should be kept far far away from children.

TC: In case there’s any misunderstanding, I wasn’t talking about this specific instance of prostitution, but prostitution generally where it’s between consenting adults (of legal age, obviously).