180x200cm mattress for Ikea bed

Ikea sells beds for 180x200cm mattresses, but only 90x200cm mattresses. I’m looking for a foam or latex mattress of usual European thickness (I guess ~15cm) in similar price ranges as 2x Ikea ones, so roughly 10-15k. Taipei, offering delivery.

I looked at tons of mattress stores around Neihu, but they seem to mostly sell 25K+ stuff, fancy names, box spring bed and so on.

No, they sell all European (western size) mattresses.

1 Like

IKEA sizes are not the same as Taiwan size so you won’t find it at other mattress stores. Believe it or not sometimes it’s actually cheaper to order from taobao and you get better selections.

1 Like

Thanks. I’d be delighted to be wrong on this, but it seems in size 180*200cm Ikea only has spring mattresses and thin sleeping pads. Or am I missing something, or is Google translate playing tricks on me?

Ikea sells all the sizes to match the beds. I’ve got a 180x200 king size hovag mattress that I really like and it has kept its shape. https://www.ikea.com.tw/zh/products/mattresses-and-accessories/mattresses/hovag-art-30244520

2 Likes

Sure - that’s a spring matress though. Unless Google translate is leading me in a wrong direction.

You should go to a store and see for yourself… sometimes online can only show so much…

2 Likes

Last pictures shows the insides.
0605828_PE681885_S4

Let me know if you find something decent. I am also looking for a good mattress but did not have time to dig in.

1 Like

I think you need to pay for a good latex mattress.

1 Like

One option is to order a customized one at a local shop.
We did that for our Ikea bunk bed and we were very satisfied with the results.

1 Like

I actually had same problem in the UK, Ikea had changed sizes so only carried on doing 180x200 for 2 types Cheap foam and mose expensive spring.
So I guess same here if? they do that old size here at all.

1 Like

Thanks everyone for the input. I guess one more option available at IKEA is getting a simple spring matress and placing a thinner foam or latex pad on top. Not sure if one can try that out there, I’ll check.

No, Taiwan size is 188cm, something to do with fengshui.

1 Like

Ikea has good mattresses, just watch the spring count. They have double layer pocket springs. A mattress that weighs about 80kg.

1 Like