2-pin to 3-pin grounding adapter

Welcome to the forum, @Bobt

1 Like

Thanks! This is exactly what I needed. I bought a couple of them on Shopee and they do the job perfectly.

1 Like

I know this is an old thread but I bought two panasonic appliances needing grounding. So, instead of replacing the whole outlet are there any adapters I can plug in with an exposed ground screw at the top?

do you mean this type?

https://24h.pchome.com.tw/prod/DECA6H-A900FIJC3?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIgcb9pd-0_gIV0LaWCh2upglJEAQYBSABEgIQS_D_BwE

You’re looking for a 2 pin with earth wire converting to a 3 pin?

1 Like

this type?

https://shopee.tw/product/163346241/10026692700?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI1o7ZleG0_gIVTcSWCh1iJgvoEAsYCCABEgK2k_D_BwE

https://shopee.tw/🌸日本🌸-Panasonic-國際牌-WH-2881P-逆接地-轉接頭-2P轉3P-✨快速出貨✨-i.936520415.22730054720?sp_atk=cc808036-9f1a-4fbd-9789-d1786884e9de&xptdk=cc808036-9f1a-4fbd-9789-d1786884e9de

2 Likes

Finding a functional ground is the hard part. Nothing is grounded here.

Yes wow that is just what I need!

It is a new building and the outlets have three holes … crossing my fingers.

I hope it actually uses a 3 conductor wire with a functioning ground. A lot of grounded outlets are not actually grounded, the third pin is not connected to anything. 3 conductor wires for 110 circuits don’t seem to be standard here.

On appliances that actually MUST be grounded, I seen them run a separate green wire to its own ground. Otherwise to add a ground you’d have to rewire the whole house and add the third wire.

Still go with my previous recommendations for this type of stuff, cut the 2 pin off and replace with a 3 pin, wire the earth in, something like this, lk-7004 - Prices and Deals - Apr 2023 | Shopee 蝦皮購物.

I like that idea, although I rather not modify the original cable. This attaching of a new 3-pin solution is cheaper though. Earlier this morning I purchased two of the other type on Shopee. For once the sender sent them out within hours. I do not think I can cancel it so I will stick with that option. What are the downsides to that though, other than it looking not so elegant?

1 Like

That’s not true.

1 Like

If it’s not a high ampage appliance, the fit is snug and you won’t be unplugging it often then it should be fine for a domestic application, would advise checking it after a period of use to make sure it’s not getting hot and perhaps every couple of months to ensure it’s still a snug fit.

One is a microwave. One is a fridge. Then I have not checked the Hitachi laundry machine yet. It was installed by the delivery guys and I do not know what they did with the grounding wire on that if anything. I am not afraid of doing some wiring, but I am afraid I cut off the head it will be stranded which I find more difficult to work with and riskier for high current. Those plugs you linked are they made to work with solid or stranded wire?

Microwave is the only one I would be concerned about, unless the laundry machine has a heating function.

The cables for all those appliances will be stranded. The plugs I linked will work with either stranded or solid core, it’s a screw down post.

If the appliances are brand new perhaps use the adapters for now, keeping careful watch on the microwave one, in case there are any early warranty issues. Replace after a couple of months.

1 Like