200 dogs without caregiver

[quote=“Stray Dog”]Ms Jia’s place is only a few minutes from the beach, up a road towards the mountains, next to a baseball stadium.[/quote]Ok! You meant Qianshuiwan (淺水灣), not Baishawan (白沙灣).

Aha! Could be. Any place past Danshui is BaiShaWan area to me. :blush:

chinapost.com.tw/taiwan/loca … as-146.htm

dogs not to be euthanized

have spoken to Dr Lin at the Shijir vet, he is helping organizing the help for these animals.
First they will go in and blitz the fleas and ticks, then clean up all the sewerage as there is a back up and it is in a terrible way. They are also fixing and improving the water tanks and water supply for the dogs. They will then sort out the dogs with skin disease etc. According to Dr Lin there are only about 5 or so dogs who haven’t been de-sexed. Once the dogs and the place are in a better condition, they will be appealing to organizations and individuals to take in the dogs, foster or adopt. There are many volunteers helping and the land is being rented until September. There are people out there who do care and have not only the will to help but the organization skills to get things done properly rather than stand by and complain or criticize.

I know this woman was in the wrong, but she was sick and maybe the constant attack of people about the strays and the constant bombardment of strays on the streets in the mountains didn’t help her condition. When you enter this kind of area (helping animals) it can feel like you are trapped and fighting a losing battle.

I say lets look on the good side of things. These dogs will get a second (or should i say 3rd chance)

anyone want to adopt/foster??

I second UK’s statement and let me tell you, there are gorgeous animals there, just need a good bath and a warm bed to make them shine.

A few are gorgeous. The rest are sick and very mangy. Many will take months to recuperate.

So did you guys went to the place and looked at the dogs? or is there a video or pics?..
anyways i am still looking for my frenchie lol…