2006 Roots and Shoots Animal Parade!

Read All About It!

The Jane Goodall Institute Taiwan and AnimalsTaiwan invite you to strut your stuff and express yourself on the streets of Taipei as part of the very first annual Roots and Shoots Animal Parade, happening from 1.00 to 6.00 pm on Saturday 28th October, 2006!

The Roots & Shoots Animal Parade combines artistic creativity with our desire to celebrate our relationship with the natural world. This is a great and fun way to help raise awareness for the protection of all living creatures in Taiwan.

Individually or in groups, use recycled materials to dress up as a plant, or animal, or any natural element, to show your support for the animals and to encourage others to give more consideration to the natural world. Showcase your skills to the world! The parade will consist of great music, creative costumes, the occasional animal, lots of fun, fantastic people, and more! Not to mention that Dr. Jane Goodall herself will be participating, dressed up as … ah! You’ll just have to wait and see! Afer the event, you will all be invited to a special lecture to hear Dr. Jane’s vision for the future.

Do something unique and meaniingful with your time here on the island: come and show your support by taking part in the inaugural Roots and Shoots Animal Parade!

I look forward to seeing you all there!

(For more information on how you can take part, please e-mail me at the address in my signature below.)

Thank you.

Sean McCormack

Founder
http://www.AnimalsTaiwan.org

Click the pic for more details.

I think this looks like fun. Flora on fauna. Fauna wearing flora. Cool.

Oh me! Me! I wanna go! Pick me! I wish we had that here for Halloween!

Almost 400 hundred people signed up so far! :slight_smile: :bravo: :notworthy:

If you want to take part, it’s not too late to register; please contact Pat via e-mail at patfarr02 [at] hotmail [dot] com

See you there!

Sen

Want to participate but a little shy about dressing up?

We need four people to push the float that Dr Jane will be on. We already have two people, but six are required.

If you can help fill this important role, please contact Pat ASAP via e-mail at patfarr02 [at] hotmail [dot] com

Thank you!

:slight_smile:

The lady herself, the very wonderful Dr Jane Goodall, has arrived, and is very much looking forward to seeing you all at the 2006 Roots and Shoots Animal Parade, tomorrow!

I’ll be one of her chimps :smiley: . Make sure you say hi and give me a banana if you see me. :sunglasses:

The 2006 Roots ‘n’ Shoots Animal Parade was a great success! :slight_smile: :bravo:

Many, many thanks to everyone who took part. Dr Goodall was amazing and has a ton of energy for a lady in her seventies.

You can read about it in Sunday’s Taiwan News and Taipei Times, and you can see pictures here!

A great day for the animals - looking forward to seeing you all at - or in - next year’s! :sunglasses: :rainbow: :notworthy:

Great pix and great costumes!

I think raising awareness of animal welfare in a fun and creative way such as the Roots and Shoots Parade is the best advertisement and educational tool.

Glad it was a huge success!

What 914 said very well.

Could someone post links to relevant stories in Chinese , pretty please? I need the Chinese version of similar news reports for some Taiwanese friends. Or maybe you can just post a translation… :wink:

Cheers!