2011 Costco Thread!

The ractopamine issue has reared its head again, this time in regards to US beef at RT Mart and Costco at Neihu. [url=http://tw.forumosa.com/t/poisoned-n-american-pork-the-ractopamine-issue/40677/18 talked about this four years ago in regards to pork products[/url].

Is there one in Yonghe? We go to the one in Jhonghe. I will only go, however, if we can be there before 11am. The earlier the better. Last time we went, I think it was maybe 9:30 or 9:45 and very civilized.

Is there one in Yonghe? We go to the one in Zhonghe. I will only go, however, if we can be there before 11am. The earlier the better. Last time we went, I think it was maybe 9:30 or 9:45 and very civilized.[/quote]
There will probably never be one in Yonghe–there’s just no room for it. I think people are mistakenly saying Yonghe instead of Zhonghe. It’s been happening on these forums for almost as long as the Zhonghe Costco has been open.

My bad. I have never learned Hanyu properly.

Hey, I got an email from Costco, detailing their New Year holidays schedule. Nice. They probably read my complaint last year from them not putting such info on their website. :smiley:

So, special schedule as follows:

[b]February 1st: 10am to 10:30pm

February 2nd: 9am to 6pm (this is New Year’s eve, expect mobs at the n power)

February 3rd on: normal schedule -10am to 9:30pm
[/b]

Thanks once again for this info!

[quote=“Icon”]Hey, I got an email from Costco, detailing their New Year holidays schedule. Nice. They probably read my complaint last year from them not putting such info on their website. :smiley:

So, special schedule as follows:

[b]February 1st: 10am to 10:30pm

February 2nd: 9am to 6pm (this is New Year’s eve, expect mobs at the n power)

February 3rd on: normal schedule -10am to 9:30pm
[/b][/quote]

Thanks for the info! :slight_smile:

Public thanks to Costco for its smooth and on-the-spot customer service, so efficient and fast it left me open-mouthed and speechless. Technically speaking the problem in question was caused by yours truly being harried and hurried, but one phone call after the fact and all was good. Amazing. :discodance: :bravo:

I just bought a 37” Vizio LCD from Costco. I first bought it because I thought the price was great, $15,000+ NT. When I went to check out, they were trying to charge me an extra ~$2,600 for some coaxial cable adapter, telling me that I need it to watch Taiwanese TV. I told them that I didn’t want it and I don’t want to watch Taiwanese TV. The guy agreed, but later that night they called me and said that I had to buy the adapter because they come together. I would have told him where to shove the adapter, but I still needed to have them deliver it. I went back to Costco the next day, after talking with the manager for about 10 minutes, telling him that if they must be purchased together then the price should be listed as such, otherwise it’s misleading, he finally agreed. Moral of the story: logic can prevail!

I thought I’d run down to Costco on a Thursday afternoon. Should be quiet. No. The place (Zhonghe) was packed. It’s a good thing all I wanted was a hotdog or I would have to stand in line.

I hear they’ll be branching a 2nd Costco on Da shun rd/Zi you rd. area in Kaohsiung sometime this yr around august. :smiley:

That would be awesome. You can’t get a right time of day to go there anymore, it is always packed. I don’t even bother on weekends anymore, it just stresses me. If I can’t go as soon as the doors open, to hell with it, I’ll do without.

It was packed with people again today during lunch. Loads of people were buying diapers. I suppose some of them are being sent to Japan. On another note, have you seen that Dyson blade-less fan? It’s pretty awesome, although way too expensive to justify buying.

Joined Costco ten years ago and split the membership with a bud. Renewed it one year and in that time bought a nice computer (since junked) and bought a nice leather jacket that is still going strong to this day, often worn. New zealand lambskin, tailored in China for 99 bucks. Then i got tired of all the lines and the big bulk buying required in many cases and gave the place a miss.

Still dont miss it, but yes you can find some real bargains at costco. Even some nice watches (10 years ago , west coast).

It’s probably just because they’re on sale (Pampers Premium S, M, L). They don’t carry NB (Neihu).

I wasn’t sure of the roads…when I looked it up this seems to be about 1 MRT stop south of Kaohsiung Arena…is that right? I heard it was going to be closer to Nanzih but this is still a much improved location for me.

btw costco started making calzones last week…picked up a pack of 3 big ones for 150? I think that was the price…they’re pretty damn good.

I am in KHH but moving to TPE soon - is any one of the TPE stores bigger than the others or are they all pretty similar ??

I will likely be closest to the Neihu branch.

KHH sure does need a second branch - and soon !

Thanks !

[quote=“mups”]
btw costco started making calzones last week…picked up a pack of 3 big ones for 150? I think that was the price…they’re pretty damn good.[/quote]
I’ll be sure to look for them next time I stop in. Looking forward to it!

The calzones are okay (not as good as Alleycat’s of course, and one flavor only). I predict that most people will really like them. I recommend reheating in the oven and serving piping hot.

I wasn’t sure of the roads…when I looked it up this seems to be about 1 MRT stop south of Kaohsiung Arena…is that right? I heard it was going to be closer to Nanzih but this is still a much improved location for me.

btw costco started making calzones last week…picked up a pack of 3 big ones for 150? I think that was the price…they’re pretty damn good.[/quote]

Yup that’s the spot, R13 stop, I haven’t passed the area yet to see exactly where it is though. But I went to costco down south just yesterday and omg it’s totally packed! I mean I couldn’t even find one free shopping cart parked in the cart area or nearby! … had to walk all the way out to the parking lot to find one … :rant:
Anyways, on the way back to the mrt there was this old guy that picked up a conversation with me saying it was scarily packed, I said it was probably because it was a sunday but he said it felt more like doomsday coming … :roflmao:

A bit sore I didn’t get the shampoo I wanted coz it was all gone but I did get my mascarpone cheese so I guess I can live with that… not! still sore about the shampoo coz it’s so hard to find it anywhere else! sigh … :sad: