2011 Dakar

In the past, the Dakar Rally has been televised here, but I’m having trouble finding listings. It started yesterday, but there were no listings on ESPN/Star for yesterday or today. Anyone have any information on the 2011 running?

I think they should change the name … they aren’t even close to coming near Dakar … :ponder:

Do you understand why they stopped starting from Paris and finishing at Dakar?

Safety concerns … but than they should just abandon that race, throw out the name and take on another one …

No, terrorist threats 3 or 4 years ago…

Duh!

Should move it to Taiwan. A few Vios and sentra. 2 million scooters and we have a race… Ha oups that is called daily life in Taiwan.PS; Not sarcasm as I have a Baja truck in my shop or a dakkar what ever name they call it at this time.

When you said “safety concerns” I took that to mean the safety of the civilian population. I seem to remember a situation some years back where some folks in a small village were run over by competitors. Can’t remember the exact details but it was either people wandered out into a dust cloud put up by the cars and were hit or a dust cloud caused a competitor to lose his way while going through (or past) a village. Anyway, it was something pretty dire like that where people were actually run over.

Similar situation with Olympic games. They no more held in Greece and not Olimp either :slight_smile:

:roflmao: [quote=“feropont”][quote=“Belgian Pie”]Safety concerns … but than they should just abandon that race, throw out the name and take on another one …[/quote]

Similar situation with Olympic games. They no more held in Greece and not Olimp either :slight_smile:[/quote]
:roflmao: