2012 Costco thread

Neihu was very busy last night around 7, similar to a weekend level, but it wasn’t insane. I wouldn’t go in the next couple days if I were you, though.

Actually Icon Nankan is in Taoyuan, between the airport and Linkou.

Yep, but still not as close to teh northeners and southeners citizens of New taipei.

True. I’m still waiting for the one in Shilin or Shipai :slight_smile:

Hey all,

Does anyone know if you can still purchase Melona ice cream bars at any of the Taipei Costcos? I realize it’s winter, but they’re just too good. I also know you can get them at 7 11, but they’re cheaper in bulk.

Looks like this: tw.myblog.yahoo.com/serena-85/article?mid=2150

[color=#0040FF]Costco pizza [/color]

• 17", combo @ NT$285 take home and heat up
  • 18", seafood, meat or combo @ NT300 hot carry-out from the store

One of the best deals on the island… :lick: :lick: :lick:

What is this meat pizza you talk of?

I prefer to order the Cheese, but if there is a meat one, I would definitely try that one.

OKI -
These picture show it pretty well…Costco Pizza

Real beef sausage, real pepperoni, real cheese… :lick:

added:

And its real biiiiiig!

Costco (at least Xizhi) has the 5-liter Lodge Double Dutch Ovens again, only $1050 or so, compared to a normal local list of $3500-3600+. At that price, I recommend buying several. They sold out quickly last time, so better hurry!

Wow, great price. I hope the Zhonghe branch has them.

This is them right?

Me too. The race is on lol.

My pepper spray can is ready.

Looks like I better get there early!

Mods and guys:

Why is this the third Costco 2012 thread? Here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=106226&p=1384595&hilit=Costco+2012#p1384595

:s

Thanks Icon!

No need for the pepper spray MM (unless it was on general principles lol,) plenty of cast iron pots in Zhonghe. I didn’t pull the trigger though, they didn’t grab me.

[quote=“Tempo Gain”]Thanks Icon!

No need for the pepper spray MM (unless it was on general principles lol,) plenty of cast iron pots in Zhonghe. I didn’t pull the trigger though, they didn’t grab me.[/quote]

Well in general I prefer to go armed in the suburbs so the plentiful supply won’t change that. Btw, was the price still NT1050?

Yep!

Yep![/quote]

So what was wrong with them that you didn’t buy?

This is them right?

I don’t really know what a cast iron pot is supposed to look like, but this didn’t give me the feeling of a quality item. For one thing the black was worn off in parts on the display item; maybe that’s normal?

That looks like it; it was a five quart one. The first review here is interesting in the context of what I saw: amazon.com/Lodge-L8DOL3-Pre- … B00063RWYI

[quote=“Tempo Gain”]I don’t really know what a cast iron pot is supposed to look like, but this didn’t give me the feeling of a quality item. For one thing the black was worn off in parts on the display item; maybe that’s normal?

That looks like it; it was a five quart one. The first review here is interesting in the context of what I saw: amazon.com/Lodge-L8DOL3-Pre- … B00063RWYI[/quote]

Hmm. Most of the reviews are uniformly positive so maybe there is the occasional dud. I will look carefully at them before buying. Thanks for the heads up.