2012 Costco thread

So they finally called and asked me if I was willing to wait more or choose another model -they will hav another Panasonic TV on sale later on.

At least they called.

For your perusal, Lunar New Year schedule:

Guess I know where I’ll be buying my Lunar New Year feast this year. :bravo:

Bought some new dried fruit packages form the Sijhih branch a couple weeks ago (“Kirkland Real Sliced Fruit”), and went back for more. They’re a bit pricy for the quantity, but they’re conveninently packaged for on-the-go snacks, great for dieters or people who just like healthy snacks. Freeze dried, so different, crispy texture, light-weight, and tons of flavor. Pure fruit plus ascorbic acid (vitamin c), no sugar or sulfur dioxide.

Individual packs of apple, banana, and strawberry. About $600 IIRC for 20 12g bags, which isn’t cheap by weight, but well-worth it for the quality I think.

The Missus and I were at the Neihu branch and got another box of Idaho instant mashed potatoes for 97nt. A big box.

My wife just a few moments ago, as she was going over the receipt, asked if we were out of the instant mashed potatoes. I said, “no.”

“So you really like those mashed potatoes?”

“yes”

“They were a really good price.”

“yes”

Some things just don’t need to be expressed in more than one syllable.

And where is my Bertoli margarine?
Seems they don’t have anymore

Has anyone seen the super-cool, old-fashioned poker tables? They have one in Taichung made of nice wood, green felt with space for chips and a drink for 8 players. They are really cool.

Yes, Bertoli is sorely missed.

butter is better for you really.

I dare anyone to attempt a trip to Cost Co on the day before Chinese New Year. I dare ya! :laughing:

Yeah, that won’t be pretty!

Yeah, that won’t be pretty![/quote]

Not one bit. :aiyo:

I’m thinking maybe today would be a good day to go to Costco. Any newbies wanna accompany me test this hypothesis? :smiling_imp:

Stopped by Neihu to pick up some coffee and it was already pretty mad. Going to avoid it till Feb now, I think.

I’m thinking maybe today would be a good day to go to Costco. Any newbies wanna accompany me test this hypothesis? :smiling_imp:[/quote]

Went this morning to Xizhi–there was hardly anyone there! (Relatively speaking, that is. In Taiwan terms, that means I had to work my cart around sample lines with only about 20 people in them rather than 50.)

You couldn’t pay me enough money to visit Costco the day before Chinese New Year, OR the day before a typhoon is scheduled to arrive. (I did the latter my first week in Taiwan. Never. Again.)

Stopped by Neihu to pick up some coffee and it was already pretty mad. Going to avoid it till Feb now, I think.[/quote]

Well, I need my new TV and sour cream plus other New Year provisions. I was kind of hoping that since it is election day tomorrow, people will be traveling/sitting at home watching the news/taking part in campaign activities tonight, not shopping. sigh It’s Friday night.

I was hoping … and will head to Zhonghe then. Wish me luck. (and her last words were…)

EDIT:
OTOH, people may be buying snacks to weather them through the election. Gotta rethink my evil plan…

I’m thinking maybe today would be a good day to go to Costco. Any newbies wanna accompany me test this hypothesis? :smiling_imp:[/quote]

Went this morning to Xizhi–there was hardly anyone there! (Relatively speaking, that is. In Taiwan terms, that means I had to work my cart around sample lines with only about 20 people in them rather than 50.)

You couldn’t pay me enough money to visit Costco the day before Chinese New Year, OR the day before a typhoon is scheduled to arrive. (I did the latter my first week in Taiwan. Never. Again.)[/quote]

Sunday, dear, try going any Sunday. Never. Again. Ever.

:cry:I couldn’t buy my TV set and there was only 1 left. Just too many people. Noon on a weekday and it felt like a Sunday afternoon.:cry:

Apparently Nankan is getting one towards the end of the year, should ‘ease’ the traffic on the taipei one a little

Not a chance :slight_smile: New places seem to simply spawn new people here :slight_smile:

Not a chance :slight_smile: New places seem to simply spawn new people here :slight_smile:[/quote]
That’s QFT!

Dear Costco managers:

Please set up more stores in other parts, like Tamsui and Xindian, maybe Muzha/Shenken. I mean, Nangang is already in the same geenral direction as Xizhi and Neihu.