2012 London Olympics

I officially declare this OL2012 for opened (with what is always involved before the Games really begin) : Politics

Seems some in the UK either missed the Chinese Taipei flag and were therefore ordered to remove the TW tricolor on Regent Street.

I wish the TAIWAN team all success - maybe some medals for the Ladies in Taikwando or what other categories might harvest some medals?

As prediction, I bet the Russians will beat the Americans in total nr of medals this year. As for the Chinese - wait and see.

Seems they neither know the difference between a South and North Korean flag. The incident happened yestday on the women soccer match between the DPR & Columbia when showing the wrong tricolor on a huge screen just before kick-off

On a sporty note, Phelps looks into beating his 16 medals. :thumbsup:

[quote=“ceevee369”]
I wish the TAIWAN team all success - maybe some medals for the Ladies in Taikwando or what other categories might harvest some medals?[/quote]

Maybe they should rename that Taiwando?

And as for predictions, how about the men’s triple jump record being broken this year?

[quote=“urodacus”][quote=“ceevee369”]
I wish the TAIWAN team all success - maybe some medals for the Ladies in Taikwando or what other categories might harvest some medals?[/quote]

Maybe they should rename that Taiwando?

And as for predictions, how about the men’s triple jump record being broken this year?[/quote]

I wouldn’t care less about the TJ but if you really wanna know : NOT. Only Idowu made a chance and he’s injured, most likely being pulled out tonight. Says my crystal ball. anything else ?
Tug of war maybe? The Irish this year. :notworthy:

WTF is the point creating a thread in which all related Olympics input can be consolidated if old timers still create their own.
“Search” ? Seems that this is an advice only given to newbies.
Rant closed.

As for the news of the day, I agree not calling Phelps “the best Olympian” ever.