2012 Olympic logo

bwahahahaha… check this out… at a cost of GBP400,000 the new olympics logo for London 2012, I will go with the consensus and agree it is total crap! my 3yo could have done better… :laughing:

London 2012 website, brand launch press release

Here is a link to a petition to change it

So how will it look?

Its horrible.

Here’s the logo (in four different colour versions).

And now my professional opinion:
“It’s shite”

By the way, I believe this was the original logo, used when London was still bidding for the Olympics.

That’s a fairly inoffensive logo. Pretty dignified. No idea why they spent 400 grand turning it into a piece of shite.

hehe… it gets better

Epilepsy fears over 2012 footage
A segment of animated footage promoting the 2012 Olympic Games has been removed from the organisers’ website after fears it could trigger epileptic fits.

what a crock of shite

it did cost 400.000 pounds…

baffled,i am :noway: :noway:

right away,peoples thought it looked like lisa simpson giving head,and i reckon the whole thing was a bet within the advertizing company

anyway,here’s a couple of retake that would make me want to spend the rest of my life on a desert island if i had been the baboon who came up with the whole sham

Erm… forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopi … e999fe373c
How they say in France? You are en retard?

[quote=“irishstu”]Here’s the logo (in four different colour versions).

And now my professional opinion:
“It’s shite”[/quote]
As it is now I agree, but I think they parts will rotate/move over time to create another pattern (see the part I quoted above).

So, how will it look like?

Not wishing to lower the tone, but some wag has already pointed out that it looks like a silhouette of Lisa Simpson performing a certain act on her brother. A fine thing to represent London town!

sowwwwyyyy,can a mod pls merge??

(what’s it doing in sports anyway???)

highly appropriate in this era of ASBOs and YObs,dontcha fink??

[quote=“dablindfrog”]sowwwwyyyy,can a mod pls merge??

(what’s it doing in sports anyway???)[/quote]

Done. And I learned something in the process! (that we actually have a Sports Forum :laughing: )

PS – First thing I thought of when I saw that logo was that it was crap. Second thing I thought of was that it looked like, well, you already know… :laughing:

when you merge threads,do the post automatically slot by order of posting times or the new thread remains in sequence?

Time