2019 Wanan Air Raid Drill In Northern Taiwan ~ Monday May 27th 1.30 to 2.00pm

This years drill is scheduled for next Monday, 27th 1.30 to 2.00pm in Northern Taiwan.

Presumably this article is referring to “shelter” rather than “a shelter” or else there’s been a lot of underground construction in the last year!

For any newbies, if you’re caught out in the open just duck into the nearest 7-11, grab a coffee, sit at a window and watch the bizarre scene of empty roads in the middle of the day plus the odd old foggie thinking their green plater has somehow gained stealth technology as they try to creep along the road.

4 Likes

Why do it during Computex?

a fine of not less than NT$30,000 and not more than NT$150,000

download%20(1)

Technically, Computex is the following day but this happens half an hour after the opening press conference wraps up - it will be interesting if police enforce any fines.

Perhaps it was deliberate, perhaps it was a complete lack of any round table planning. I’d like to think the former as a lot of press will be at the event and some may report on it, some may live-stream and demonstrate to the world that Taiwan is certainly not a part of China, some may even tie in comments about Tienanmen. I suspect it’s the latter though.

Find cover, you have 20 mins before we all self destruct!

Loud enough even in the heavy rain.

Holy cow, when my phone started vibrating I was expecting an insane earthquake -___-

1 Like

Just a friendly reminder: Do NOT, I repeat, DO NOT run around outside in a dinosaur costume during the drill.

FB_IMG_1558935226364

8 Likes

so peaceful… i think this is my favorite time of the year.

First they came fore the people wearing a dinosaur costume, and i didn’t speak out because i didn’t wear a dinosaur costume…

3 Likes

Armafuckinggeddhon out there right now.

1 Like

Lovely time for a stroll with the sidewalks all being cleared of twats, pity about the rain.

To better approximate wartime conditions, I think there should be protesters on roller skates zooming around waving PRC flags.

So…who won?

The rain prevented us from finding out what would happen if this were scheduled during Computex.