2020 USA Presidential Elections Latest

The Trump right still trying to suppress the vote

2 Likes

Welp that strategy backfired.

https://news.yahoo.com/biden-tops-trump-for-town-hall-television-ratings-180029137.html

I’m actually shocked Biden rated higher in that. I think people are tired of Trump’s act, but didn’t think that many would be interested in Biden’s hall either.

Cause Trump, even if you hate him, can be entertaining, and he kinda was losing his marbles when confronted on stuff like Qanon.

This would signal to me that even more people are fatigued withTrump than imagined, and people also like Biden more than some perceived. His likability polls back that up as well, that he’s clearly not just a ‘not-Trump candidate’.

Exactly this. I get a sense of widespread Trump fatigue.

I’m sure many tuned into Biden to just get some sense of relief and listen to something normal. And likely others tuned in to troll Trump and boost Biden’s ratings.

3 Likes

Yeah that must be part of it as well. I don’t think it’s pure Biden enthusiasm or anything. I wonder if that many people actually were motivated to troll Trump that hard, if so that would signal a phenomena that we’ve never seen, because we’ve never seen a politician despised on that level.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/10/16/media/town-hall-ratings-biden-trump/index.html

I like how CNN failed to mention live streams.

On YouTube, ABC’s live stream of Biden’s town hall had around 2.8 million views at the time of writing. However, Trump’s town hall was streamed on the NBC News, CNBC, and CNBC Television YouTube channels, and had 1.9 million, 1.6 million, and 1 million views, respectively.

1.9+1.6+1=4.5 million

4.5+13=17.5 million total for Trump

Meanwhile for Biden, 13.9+2.8 online views=16.7

Not to mention how the views are counted on TV seems to favor Biden’s townhall being 1 hour longer when aggregating the to the 13.9 they got.

1 Like

I don’t think interrupting the interrupter and claiming your time back qualifies. Kirk is in upside down world, the town hall is Trump constantly trying to talk over the questioner, especially when she starts asking questions he hates the sound of.

Trump literally tries to censor people in realtime, is another way to look at his technique.

Yes, the club is rather large.

Old people still have cable. :idunno:

And this:

Now why in the world would he leave the country? :sweat_smile:

When is Moscow Airport clear for landing? :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

“You know what? Running against the worst candidate in the history of American politics puts pressure on me,” Trump told the crowd. “Could you imagine if I lose? My whole life—what am I going to do? I’m going to say, I lost to the worst candidate in the history of politics! I’m not going to feel so good. Maybe I’ll have to leave the country, I don’t know.”

Translation: If I can’t overthrow democracy in a coup, I also can’t pardon myself against state charges.

1 Like

Looking forward to the announcement by NBC when the hour-long Biden town hall will take place.

1 Like

They’re getting delivered now so they can get sent out, and votes counted. Great news for mail in voting.

Using common sense, mail-in votes are most likely to be cast by democrats, food for thought.

Looks like another serious USPS issue. The ballots had not been yet delivered to voters so they were not filled out.

1 Like

Who runs the USPS again? Trump appointee right?

1 Like

The company was unable to print absentee ballots by deadlines set and also sent some to the wrong addresses.

Go Taiwan!

5 Likes

all voting should be done in person on election day IMO

This is madness

3 Likes

Agreed

If democrats can go and riot they can go and vote.

Mail in voting is clearly shambolic and open for fraud, which is why the Dems want it.

3 Likes