⚾ 2023 Asia Professional Baseball Championship

Taipei is hosting the 2023 Asian Baseball Championship in the new Taipei Dome.

They shut out Team Korean in the first official game at the Taipei Dome.

I was in Taipei Saturday. Did I see correctly that there are some games this weekend in the dome?

Yep, the semifinals and the finals will be played this weekend.

Games that will be played at the Taipei Dome, with the rest being played at Taichung Intercontinental stadium, and Xinzhuang stadium:

Date Time Location Groups Teams
12/3 (Sun) 18:00 Taipei Dome A Korea 0:4 Taiwan
12/4 (Mon) 12:30 Taipei Dome B Thailand vs Philippines
12/4 (Mon) 18:30 Taipei Dome B Pakistan vs Japan
12/5 (Tue) 12:30 Taipei Dome B Pakistan vs Philippines
12/5 (Tue) 18:30 Taipei Dome B Japan vs Thailand
12/6 (Wed) 12:30 Taipei Dome B Thailand vs Pakistan
12/6 (Wed) 18:30 Taipei Dome B Philippines vs Japan
Semi-Finals
Date Time Location Teams
12/8 (Fri) 12:30 Taipei Dome RR: Group A 2nd vs Group B 2nd
12/8 (Fri) 18:30 Taipei Dome RR: Group A 1st vs Group B 1st
12/9 (Sat) 12:30 Taipei Dome RR: Group A 2nd vs Group B 1st
12/9 (Sat) 18:30 Taipei Dome RR: Group B 2nd vs Group A 1st
Finals
12/10 (Sun) 12:30 Taipei Dome Bronze: RR 4th vs RR 3rd
12/10 (Sun) 18:30 Taipei Dome Gold: RR 2nd vs RR 1st
1 Like

The left field is leaking, so get tickets elsewhere I guess. Although I’be seen multiple reports of leaking on discussion boards, maybe the leaking is more widespread.

By the way, this Asia Professional Baseball Championship has Team Palestine. Their shortstop is very show-stealing. He got the only extra-base hit for Team Palestine, had a couple of amazing catches, and even the errors he made were pretty spectacular.

1 Like

Palestine got their first run in the tournament from Team Korea.

2 Likes

That is f8cking insane!

How can one buy tickets for the remainder of the games? Just tried Ibon but no luck

https://www.timesofisrael.com/israel-finishes-6th-overall-at-european-baseball-championships/

Israel is playing in the European Baseball Championships. It seems odd.

https://tixcraft.com/activity/detail/23_abc30

I think you have to order tickets on this website, and pay with iBon.

1 Like

Walk up. Except for Taiwan games.

2 Likes

Well it’s not like they can play in the Arab championship.

1 Like

Manaig gave it his all. This Philippines @ Japan game had 9,624 spectators at the Taipei Dome.

Taiwan will get to play against Team Philippines this Saturday at the dome.

We will also get a Pakistan @ Palestine game at Xinzhuang stadium tomorrow.

What time is the game and is it easy to get tickets? Can I just show up and get tickets? I work close by. Should I go early and get tickets?

Since Taiwan is playing at the Taipei Dome for that game, it will be extremely difficult to get tickets, unless they suddenly decided to allow more than 14,000 fans into the stadium supposedly with a 40,000+ capacity, which they haven’t done up to now.

They typically reserve around 1000 tickets on game day and box office opens 2 hours before game time. Although unless you camp out all night, you probably won’t get those tickets either.

If you have a China Trust credit card, the tickets for the rest of the games is on sell right now. If not, it will be on sell at 12:00PM today.

Go to this site right now, sign up (using google or facebook account) and get ready to click on the Buy Now blue button at 12. If you have a China Trust Credit Card, you can click on the blue button right now.

立即購票 or Buy Now

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for the information. Let me think about it. I have terrible luck buying things that depend on being first in line so I’ll probably pass, though.

That sucks. I wonder why they don’t allow more into the stadium? Maybe I’ll go watch a game that doesn’t involve Taiwan playing.

They don’t have the confidence that all the fans can make it out of a packed stadium.

1 Like

Let me know when you go. I’m in!

1 Like

Does anyone have a live link to the Taiwan v Philippines game tonight?

1 Like

Is there a link to the championship vs Japan?

1 Like