2024 Taipei MRT Short Term Rent Rental Map

Need a temporary stay in Taipei? Where is the cheapest rent near MRT stations?
A glance at short-term rental prices for shared apartment & Independent suite & apartment
Due to the enthusiastic response of various lines, we decided to compile the information of the “Tamsui-Xinyi Line,” “Songshan-Xindian Line,” “Zhonghe-Xinlu Line,” “Banqiao-Nangang Line,” and “Wenshan-Neihu Line” into a visualized rental map for those looking for short-term accommodations. These maps show the average monthly short-term rental prices at each station, providing a reference for interested parties.
󠀠
In addition, we have collected short-term rental sources near Taipei and New Taipei City MRT stations, and the related information can be viewed through the following links:
https://www.mrhost.com.tw/city/taipei
https://www.mrhost.com.tw/city/newtaipei

Please note that short-term rental prices are generally slightly higher than long-term rentals due to the greater flexibility and convenience they offer. Our data comes from “mrhost Taiwan Short-term Rentals” and “591 Housing Transaction” covering short-term available properties within a 1-kilometer radius of each MRT station.

The displayed rent is calculated in Taiwanese dollars and rounded to the nearest thousand.
Finally, as some MRT stations have fewer listings, there may be greater variances in rental prices. Therefore, our data is provided for reference only.

Thank you

2 Likes

I’m sorry, where’s the data? There’s two links to your website with rentals… Or is the “data” sorting by lowest price first

2 Likes

Hello, thank you for asking.

We also have an article about Taipei MRT Short-Term Rental Map, you can check out more information in this article.

And, our data is sorting from 591 Housing Transaction and our platform mrhost

1 Like

It’s great to see this information in English. The MRT map with the average (short-term) rental rates is very helpful. Is there post for a similar MRT map of long-term rentals in the works? Or is there a rule of thumb that long-term rentals are 5% to 10% lower than short-term rates?

Short-Term Rental: The rental period ranges from a few weeks to a few months, suitable for temporary accommodation, short-term work, or study needs. Short-term rental prices are generally slightly higher than long-term rentals, partly due to higher management costs, and short-term rental properties usually provide furniture and other living facilities.

So, 0.5 to 6 months? This sounds like it’s between an Airbnb and conventional lease arrangement (long-term rental)

So do I understand your short-term rental map correctly that basically it is impossible to find an apartment for a month in Greater Taipei for less than 2000 USD per month? Is this true and if so why have prices so strongly risen?

I have no idea how short term works, never really tried it, but you can find rooms for around 3000 to 4000 a month in danshui.

I remember seeing hostels that was 500 a day in ximen, and it’s 10,000 a month if you want to rent 1 month. But this is fairly nice place in ximen, which isn’t the cheapest.

1 Like

Hi, short-term rentals are usually more expensive than annual rentals because the relative rental period is more flexible.

The farther away from the city center you are, the cheaper the rent will be.

I was honestly scared that cheap monthly passes for public transport would cause rent to go up everywhere, but it appears to have not…

I have a friend who absolutely wants to live close to the Taipei 101 building for whatever reason, possibly night life? He’s paying 12,000nt a month for a tiny 3 ping room without a window. That’s freaking nuts. You can rent an entire floor for this in Danshui.