228 a CCP plot

"Mr. He wrote:
Sure, he (LTH) took money, however less than the guys who went before him. "
"Don’t forget about the guy after him… "
-this reminds me of something i said at a dinner party -
“five thousand years of culture and they can’t butcher a
chicken!” picking shards of bones from mouth.

• five thousand years of culture and graft is the
    metier of the civil servant (bonus points - oxymoron).
    an elected politician is a recent adjunct but old habits
    die hard.

Might I suggest, stop eating at food stalls when trying to be critical of Taiwanese cuisines.

And they have no shame in blaming the riot on everybody except themselves.

–[/quote]

And then spend the next 50 years explaining about how the response to the riot was measured and appropriate, including the arrests and executions in the following 6 months.

If it wasn’t appropriate, what is the proper response? I don’t see the USA having much luck in Iraq these days with the liberal human rights approach to nation building.

If 228 is viewed from a Hoklo centric movement to create a Nation State doesn’t it make more sense in terms of how modern TI movement took shape?

However, there are some oversights to linking 228 with the creation of a nation state. Such as:

Will Hoklo will feel more compel to pay taxes in a Hoklo nation?
Will Hoklo will become the model of civility in a Hoklo nation?

Because another 228 could occur on Taiwan even with TI coming to fruition, since neither economic advancement nor individual responsibilities for paying taxes are guaranteed in a Hoklo nation state. Not to mention Hoklo on Hoklo corporal punishment can happen as well.

[quote=“ac_dropout”]If it wasn’t appropriate, what is the proper response? I don’t see the USA having much luck in Iraq these days with the liberal human rights approach to nation building.

If 228 is viewed from a Hoklo centric movement to create a Nation State doesn’t it make more sense in terms of how modern TI movement took shape?

However, there are some oversights to linking 228 with the creation of a nation state. Such as:

Will Hoklo will feel more compel to pay taxes in a Hoklo nation?
Will Hoklo will become the model of civility in a Hoklo nation?

Because another 228 could occur on Taiwan even with TI coming to fruition, since neither economic advancement nor individual responsibilities for paying taxes are guaranteed in a Hoklo nation state. Not to mention Hoklo on Hoklo corporal punishment can happen as well.[/quote]

Stick to the topic at hand…so you are saying that the gov. response to 228 was appropriate & measured?

For one who bangs on about being personally persecuted by the Green Terror in modern-day Taiwan, that is a bit much.

Next time AC will claim that 228 was a DPP plot.

The government is responsible for keeping the peace. The rioters were responsible for disturbing the fragile peace.

pukes Wow talk about stomach churning.

I bet if you were German you’d dispute the holocaust.

If by rioting you mean gathering for a protest only to get machine-gunned.

pukes Wow talk about stomach churning.

I bet if you were German you’d dispute the holocaust.

If by rioting you mean gathering for a protest only to get machine-gunned.[/quote]
Gathering of protestors with weapons that demostrated they were able to kill opposition within the civilian population.

The concept of peaceful protests is somewhat alien to AC.

he still can’t understand that the DPP govt was too smart to gun a large swathe of Embezzler Shi Mingde’s sad show down last year.

Also, the poor boy is saddened by his own KMT guys busy gunning themselves down for a change.

If the DPP want to gun down the Hoklo SMD, I’m sure that would really consolidate their base.
How was 228 a peaceful protest?