33rd AC Cup Has Started

http://bmworacleracing.com/en/news/livestream/index.html?track.refer=/en/news/articles/00_10_01/0207_ready.html&track.type=sn

Watch 9+ digits worth of sailboat race

Canceled for the day. :cry: 200m dollars and canceled for lack of free wind.

Live on ESPN DSTV

So I take it you’ve got a mean of getting the feed even if you’re not on a partner system :wink:

Well one of the reasons satellite TV was invented is so that broadcasts can be beamed around the world.

Who says I am not on a partner system?

Many important events are not shown in Taiwan. Many people want to watch these events. Satellite TV allows people to get content not locally available, and of course with English commentary.

1st race cancelled again so we wait for Friday.

There are many places that can show the race should they choose to. So I would be calling around to many of the bars to ask if they are willing to show it. Some bar management probably do no see the Americas Cup as a big draw.

Tavern has it live and you could even get your own seating area to have commentary as well if you so desired.

I will record all the races. :wink:

No, it’s not a big draw outside of ANZ/UK. I’ll be watching from my office from the BMO site since the races occur in the afternoon our time.

There are many people who like to watch these races. Taiwan has a large yacht building industry, so does Korea.

So actually there is a big draw for this amongst those interested.

I have several clients who sail that are happy to have it live. Some of my clients are yacht builders.

Yes hopefully around 5pm if the conditions are right.

There are many people who like to watch these races. Taiwan has a large yacht building industry, so does Korea.

So actually there is a big draw for this amongst those interested.

I have several clients who sail that are happy to have it live. Some of my clients are yacht builders.

Yes hopefully around 5pm if the conditions are right.[/quote]

Yes. There are still a couple of big yards left. Anyway, compared to a 6 nations or a superbowl, viewership is low.

It’s hard to tell with Valencia this time of year. Winds are light and varable. Keeping fingers crossed. Pre-race starts about 2 pm since they have to get about 30miles offshore.

Absolutely true. But many other sports shown on TV also have much lower viewership than a Superbowl or 6 Nations or Tri Nations.

Hardly a fair comparison as sailing is not really up there.

So how does sailing compare to say…Netball? Curling?

Depends on whether you like those kinds of sports and we also have them on satellite TV.

Curling was invented so men could show women how to really use a broom you know.

YES

Live feed off the official site worked a charm. Can’t say I’m displeased with the results either.

Pretty boring races actually as not close contests and only 3 races not 7.

Lets get back to proper sailing boats not these giant wings 17 storeys high.

Lets get back to proper sailing boats not these giant wings 17 storeys high.[/quote]

Pretty much agree there. The real spirit of sailing seems to have been lost!

Lets get back to proper sailing boats not these giant wings 17 storeys high.[/quote]

It’s a Deed of Gift race, so best of 3. It was great to see karmic justice on that snivelling brat Ernesto. I thought the first 20min of the first race was some of the most exciting racing I’ve seen in a while. Also, did you see how Alinghy tried to stop the start of the second race by going on strike in the comittee boat?

Dunno. This is what the America’s cup always was before the 12m era. Anyway, glad it’s over and I hope no more landlocked clubs are allowed to participate.