360 Day T-Star SIM card?

I’m entering Taiwan in 3 weeks and a friend of mine informed me there is a 360 day SIM card option for NT$5000 with T-Star.

I think it seems like a good option as I wouldn’t have to worry about applying for a new monthly plan.

Does anyone know anything about that option specifically? Is it decent?

To be honest with you…

APTG is more foreigner friendly than Tstar so I really try to discourage anyone from giving their money to Tstar because they really don’t like foreigners.

APTG has cheaper unlimited 4G plans that are around $299-399 a month.

Both of the low cost carriers sometimes suffer from poor reception in some areas.

How long are you here?

Well this is the initial SIM card option from the airport. I went with the 30 day CHT option my first time around, then opened an account at NT$599 a month.

Right now my contract is for a year, but I plan on staying for awhile. I loved Taiwan and my students so I’m coming back.

I just wasn’t sure if it could be a good idea to just have the pre-paid year SIM card upfront so I don’t have to deal with setting up a contract.

But the thing is, at $5000 a year. That’s $416 a month for objectively worse service than Taiwan Mobile’s $499/m

Taiwan Mobile treats you like a human too.

I suppose I haven’t thought about it too deep since I just put in my sim card and didn’t have to worry about it?

If the mobile data itself is garbage that would make sense to find another carrier. I just had a really hard time getting my first contract phone plan that the 1-year plan outright was enticing.