3BR, 2BA apartment near Zhongshan Jr. High MRT with private rooftop, $50k available Nov. 1

This is really the perfect apartment and an incredible steal for the price that I unfortunately need to give up due to moving back to the US. It features:

• 16th and 17th floors (not a loft, full floors).
  • Private rooftop on the 17th floor, only accessible from the apartment with unobstructed views of Songshan airport approach and the Yuanshan hotel.
  • Around 60 ping, 15 of those outdoors.
  • 3 bedrooms (one two on lower floor, master bedroom on upper floor), 2 baths (master bath with tub)
  • New ACs installed this year.
  • All wooden floors.
  • Recently painted and new ceiling fans/light fixtures installed.
  • Large Western oven.
  • Community swimming pool on first floor.
  • 3 minute walk to Zhongshan Jr. High MRT.
  • Unfurnished, but any furniture in photos available for purchase at a significant discount.
  • Available November 1st.
  • Rent: $50k/mo, Management: $1700/mo including scooter parking. Two months rent deposit.
  • Landlord would prefer to sign a multi-year lease.

PM me if you’d like to come take a look–I imagine it will go fast.

6 Likes

Looks like a really good deal for families. Expecting it to be off the market within 48h

It is well below market for the size, condition and location. The landlord also hasn’t changed the rent in 5 years and will be more than happy to sign another 10 at the same price.

The pool is definitely a hit with families in the summer.

1 Like

Looks like a great place!

It’s been fantastic, and I’m really sad to let it go.

If I could afford it, I’d buy it.

1 Like

I know that building! On the corner of Minquan and Fuxing intersection. 50k/month for that much space (not to mention private rooftop space on top of that) is a steal. I’ve poked around at some of the spaces for sale in that building and they don’t look nearly as nice as this one and would have monthly mortgage payments of easily 150k+/month

Last time I crunched the numbers at 1% this place would be about 150k/mo. It’s definitely a better deal to rent, especially since the landlord is willing to do a long-term lease. I’ve also done plenty of DIY improvements to the place including repainting, replacing fixtures, putting in smart switches, etc., which the landlord has been super supportive with.

Is it still available?
Can I possible see it ?
Thanks

The original poster was a renter, not the owner. He posted this rental opportunity in September 2023, and it is now February 2024 . . .

Guy

1 Like

So that’s a yes? Are there any cockroaches in the basement?

2 Likes

Checks notes

That unit may be taken, but we might have a rooftop unit available for you in Taipei 101!

Guy

2 Likes

The classic Taiwanese bait and switch.

1 Like

I think I’ve stumbled onto a great business model—renting out properties I do not own! :rofl:

Guy

1 Like

It’s moments like this that I most hate being poor.