4 lesbians torture and murder lesbian in Taichung

LaFaye: You and your friend who wants to post from the grave can settle down. No one has any problem with the common phrase “he/she needs to get laid more often”. That, in itself, either constitutes dickin’ or pussyin’.

As for the sexuality, when some religious cult engages in something weird, people have no qualms about stepping in and blaming it on their religion being weird and so on. Look at the way people perceive Scientology, for instance. Look at the Branch Davidians or the Mormons. Ooh! They’re weird for having multiple wives! (Despite few Mormons actually having multiple wives.)

That is why I offered my own explanation (the dickin’ one was a quote from someone else): fucked in the head. That actually applies to all of the examples I’ve mentioned too, as well as the people mentioned in the OP/news.

There’s usually one sicko that has the intention and brings the rest of them along for the ride. That person is usually some sort of sociopath or damaged goods from years of abuse. Sociopaths are more common that we think. Well that’s my impression, superking is the learned one.

GuyInTaiwan,

Fair enough. And to be honest–though I thought the comment was boneheaded and inappropriate given the seriousness of the situation–your post didn’t bother me all that much.

However, my good friend NonCaretolaTete wrote a reply only to discover she no longer had a password. Thus, she asked me to post in her stead. Given that she’d taken the time to write something clever and well thought out, of course I’d give her a hand.

LaFaye: If you’d actually focussed on the part of the message that was really pertinent, and my follow-up explanations, you’d realise that the take home message was that we could avoid lengthy explanations – whether about these people living a complex, alternative lifestyle, Branch Davidians, etc. – and just explain them all as a bunch of weirdos. Given that they were weirdos, much like a bunch of other weirdos in suicide cults, having a shoot out with federal agents from a fortified compound or anything else, we shouldn’t have been surprised when something went really off the rails in this situation.

As for the dickin’ comment, see my reference to the commonly used phrase that people need to get laid more often. To the person with a hammer, the whole world looks like a nail. You two saw a nail. For what it’s worth, I also don’t think Non’s post was that clever. The irony in my post was lesbians pretending to be men needing a dick, i.e. something they neither had nor wanted, despite oddly playing at having it. A better irony for Hitler wouldn’t have been a dick. It would have been working at a kosher deli for Yiddish speaking bosses or as a janitor at a synagogue. Dahmer’s punishment would have been a strict vegan diet and to eventually donate his organs to people needing transplants.

Non could have got a new password. It’s really not that hard. Otherwise, this could open up a whole can of worms with people who have/had been suspended or banned posting through others.

I thought in the modern world, men and women were equal. Anything men can do, women can too, and all of that.[/quote]
But that is what came to my mind too. In fact it always does, whenever women are involved in torturing crimes. Somehow and maybe I’m perpetuating stereotypes, but a crime of passion or money swindling is sth. I can understand women doing, even voluntary prostitution but prolonged torture?? And this case seems more bizarre (to me) because there are two women involved. Somehow a man-woman duo dynamic in committing crimes is more easily digestible. Yes, I know it is stereotyping, but in my (feminine) head, I’d be happier thinking that women are incapable of prolonged brutality. :s

Sad, sad, group dynamic and I shudder to think what the victim went through. Sorry about that.[/quote]

Long ago I was disabused of the notion that women are any kinder or gentler than men. I’ve seen some horror shows of abuse and neglect committed by both genders since I go to homes to work with infants and toddlers. Sadly, I am not surprised by this act, nor by the participants. I doubt that gender or sexual preference had much to do with it compared to learned behaviors and group psychology.[/quote]

I know, but you’re the expert. To a layman like me, I’s rather not be disabused of my notion, but I guess we have to learn. Last evening my daughter and her friend were not found on the playground, they decided to go sit on the stairs of one of the buildings. They’re both seven. Within 5 mins of near panicking they rollicked down adn well …later when I was having another safety talk with my girl, I kept saying ‘sometimes a man may find you alone on the stairs and may do…’ this thead cam to mind and I had to go correct myself ‘a woman or a man or anyone may see you alone and try to hurt you or…’ ugggghhh.

We were raised with this at school.

I thought in the modern world, men and women were equal. Anything men can do, women can too, and all of that.[/quote]
But that is what came to my mind too. In fact it always does, whenever women are involved in torturing crimes. Somehow and maybe I’m perpetuating stereotypes, but a crime of passion or money swindling is sth. I can understand women doing, even voluntary prostitution but prolonged torture?? And this case seems more bizarre (to me) because there are two women involved. Somehow a man-woman duo dynamic in committing crimes is more easily digestible. Yes, I know it is stereotyping, but in my (feminine) head, I’d be happier thinking that women are incapable of prolonged brutality. :s

Sad, sad, group dynamic and I shudder to think what the victim went through. Sorry about that.[/quote]

Long ago I was disabused of the notion that women are any kinder or gentler than men. I’ve seen some horror shows of abuse and neglect committed by both genders since I go to homes to work with infants and toddlers. Sadly, I am not surprised by this act, nor by the participants. I doubt that gender or sexual preference had much to do with it compared to learned behaviors and group psychology.[/quote]

I know, but you’re the expert. To a layman like me, I’s rather not be disabused of my notion, but I guess we have to learn. Last evening my daughter and her friend were not found on the playground, they decided to go sit on the stairs of one of the buildings. They’re both seven. Within 5 mins of near panicking they rollicked down adn well …later when I was having another safety talk with my girl, I kept saying ‘sometimes a man may find you alone on the stairs and may do…’ this thead cam to mind and I had to go correct myself ‘a woman or a man or anyone may see you alone and try to hurt you or…’ ugggghhh.[/quote]

That had to be horrible!! My sister lets her 7 year old wander the neighborhood, crossing the streets and everything, alone. It strikes fear into the deepest recesses of my heart thinking about what could happen (don’t get me started on how I feel about her parenting, she subscribes to some very odd ideas which fly in the face of my understanding of childhood development, but I keep my lip buttoned and my house open to the kids). I can only imagine what it would be like to have my own daughter missing even for a minute.

So I fully understand not wanting to know about the vast variety of terrors that can happen to people, I’m right there with you! Honestly, I’m not really trained for it (I know speech and language delays/disorders well, but I guarantee the majority of people could run circles around me on psychology), and I don’t have thick enough skin for it. Thankfully my primary responsibility in those situations is to get CPS involved ASAP instead of trying to handle it all myself.

Yeah. It was a joke in poor taste. I get that. As I said, I personally wasn’t really bothered by your comment because I recognized it as such. Nonetheless, I’m surprised someone who makes such thought provoking and eloquent commentary in the international politics forum couldn’t do better.

The second trial was concluded in this case, 3 of them got life sentences, two accomplices got 5 and 7 years each.

Thanks for sharing. I hadn’t noticed this story at the time.

The Taipei Times didn’t cover it because the criminals aren’t KMT members. Lesbian torture doesn’t help the DPP win elections, you know.

CNA didn’t cover it probably because it could “hurt Taiwan’s image” abroad. And Ma Ying-jeou didn’t come in to save the day.

The China Post may have covered it, but people would actually have to read that paper to know for sure.

And Taiwan News – holy crap that’s still around?

:bow:

It got little coverage in local media either, I thought that was strange because they are usually all over these lurid and violent cases…and this one was at the extreme end.

My gf read about this something like 2 months ago.She says that this happens in every country. I say that Taiwan has something else :smiley:

But Dahmer wanted the cock, so that’s not much of a punishment.

Where in Taiwan are lesbians (as opposed to gay men) marginalised? If anything, Taiwan is a lesbian heaven where butch and dyke can freely roam around without judgement passed on them.

People are capable of doing bad things regardless of sexual orientation. The rest is apologetic crap.

It’s true that in Taiwan some display their orientation openly, but they still must deal with family
Issues and they are not fully and openly accepted here either.
The group dynamic here of marginalization may have created hyper insecurity.

Where in Taiwan are lesbians (as opposed to gay men) marginalised? If anything, Taiwan is a lesbian heaven where butch and dyke can freely roam around without judgement passed on them.

People are capable of doing bad things regardless of sexual orientation. The rest is apologetic crap.[/quote]

I completely disagree. I’ve definitely heard people tell me they felt uncomfortable after seeing two girls holding hands, and even had someone mention once how society is falling apart because lesbians can walk around in public together blah blah blah.

And just wait until the lesbians get the “isn’t it time you gave up this silly thing and got married to a man so you can have a boy child to carry on the family name” talk. That’s marginalization if I’ve ever seen it.

People are capable of doing bad things regardless of sexual orientation. The rest is apologetic crap.[/quote]

I completely disagree. I’ve definitely heard people tell me they felt uncomfortable after seeing two girls holding hands, and even had someone mention once how society is falling apart because lesbians can walk around in public together blah blah blah.

And just wait until the lesbians get the “isn’t it time you gave up this silly thing and got married to a man so you can have a boy child to carry on the family name” talk. That’s marginalization if I’ve ever seen it.[/quote]

I think what he meant (which is horrible in itself) is that lesbians are viewed as cool but gay men as disgusting. The biggest problem really is similar to racism here is that the general population is completely oblivious to how discriminatory they are and vehemently deny it.

ok, well if there was a guy involved and they had sex with him then they weren’t lesbians.

That’s a tricky question. I can imagine a straight man having sex with another straight man once out of curiosity, realizing it’s not his thing, and then deciding he’s still straight despite the gay episode. Maybe this was the reverse.

Of course I have no idea. So :sunglasses:

Wow, @NonTocareLeTete was gone already by 2012? that can’t be, I thought she joined by then and then left like 2 or even 3 years ago… weird.

Good to see also @Hokwongwei, but sad to see that many people left the forum (and the island). that always makes me question again wth I’m doing here…

1 Like