4 Seasons Apartment Complex in Danshui

Does anyone live in the 4 Seasons apartment complex in Danshui? How does it compare to Lotus Hill in Xizhi? What sort of amenities does it have? Any informed opinions are appreciated.

No informed opinion at all, but if you let us know the address, some of us may at least be able to comment on the area. (Unless you already know Danshui, in which case, never mind, we probably can’t add to what you already know.)

Are you talking about the 4 Seasons in 紅樹林 on the main drag directly across from the MRT station?

I’m guessing he’s referring to the one that’s across the road from the golf course in Danshui proper. In which case, you’d definitely want a unit that’s not facing north or east, so you don’t get the brunt of the northeastern monsoon in the winter months.

1 Like

Sorry, I should have given an address. This is an add for one of the apartments here:

It looks like this is the address per Google:

No. 106-252號, Section 1, Xinshiyi Road, Tamsui District, New Taipei City, Taiwan 251

I don’t know Danshui that well, aside from 2-3 visits. My wife and I like what it has to offer: easy access to the beach and wilderness areas, for biking, hiking, beach activities, etc., while not being too far from Taipei proper (it is still a bit far though). We did live at Lotus Hill for few years, so we know what it is like to be a bit out of the city, and it is the reason for asking to compare the 2.

1 Like

It will certainly make sense to look a bit more, there is a lot of housing available in the various older or newer parts, each with their pro’s and con’s.

Generally, the biggest disadvantage might be transport if you work in TP.
There is severe traffic congestion during rush hour if you take a car, and the tram / subway is a long trip from the New Area, and also pretty full during those hours.

That said, we already looked here in the Nineties, and bought here (old town) 15 years ago.
I absolutely love it, still.
If needed, it allows us to be in TP door to door within an hour by MRT, and by car outside the rush hour in ~1/2 hour.
It also gives us the beaches, fresh windy air, absolute perfect bike rides at the doorstep, and much more all within 5 min.

I used to live in Taipei, still love that city, but don’t want to go back, at all.

Feel free to PM me if you want to know a bit more.

1 Like