4Q2 in Hsinchu

I used to like this place when I lived there. Does it still exist?

It cahnged the the 4Q2 Pig and Whistle which then later on closed.

But Nigel now has another restaurant his number is 0912543413

Nunu’s number is 0936126038

now that we’re on the subject of restaurants in Hsinchu…

Has anyone been to the BBQ House in Hsinchu? Is it any good?

It cahnged the the 4Q2 Pig and Whistle which then later on closed.

But Nigel now has another restaurant his number is 0912543413

Nunu’s number is 0936126038[/quote]

You mean 4Q2 changed to the Pig and Whistle? When I lived there, they were two different places. Now that I think of it, there were several places named “Pig” something. What’s Nigel’s new place like? Is it in the same area? And thanks for the phone numbers. I’d love to see Nigel and Nunu again.

4Q2 is now Red Bar I believe. Still downtown in the little bar alley!

There were 2 ‘Pig’ places before. Nigel and Nunu had The Pig and Whistle down past the Ambassador Hotel. That is long gone …

[color=#FF4000]Now they have N2. A small pub near to the Science Park and the Royal Hotel (directly behind the Royal Hotel on Jieshou Rd). An amazing pub and massive, great portions of quality food (as only Nigel does)!! HIghly recommended. They serve food from 5pm - 10pm Mon - Friday and 7pm - 10pm on Saturdays. Most weeknights Nigel runs a special for about 280nt. You can join the Nunu and Nigel’s N2 page on Facebook to get the daily specials. [/color]

Phone numbers and other info posted by Nigel also. Some days they aren’t so busy - other days, it is standing room only. They keep the bar open until midnight on weekdays and 1 or 2am on Saturdays depending on the crowd or who is there …

One tip - never walk in at 11:30pm and ask Nunu for fruit tea as I watched a few business men do! ha ha ha - Nunu sent them packing! :slight_smile: :bravo:

[quote=“tatterdemalion”]now that we’re on the subject of restaurants in Hsinchu…

Has anyone been to the BBQ House in Hsinchu? Is it any good?[/quote]

Yes, I was there once and thoroughly enjoyed the meal – outstanding food, atmosphere, and service. See the reviews in the steakhouse category in the “best of 2011” thread. You can also find some reviews on Tripadvisor. Not cheap, but fairly priced I thought.

The flagship Hsinchu BBQ House is amazing! Great steak and delicious all round.

They have opened a new branch in Taichung. You can find the info and address on Facebook for both locations :wink:

Yes I have been there, I echo the sentiments, not cheap but good grub and unique set-up.

BTW, 4Q2!