5 Places World War III Could Start in 2023

…there is little doubt that cross-strait tensions remain significant. The willingness of the Biden administration to take risky rhetorical positions on the defense of Taiwan indicates that Washington has real concern over the prospects of a Chinese attack. At the same time, these statements (and unwise stunts such as Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi’s visit to Taipei) run the risk of triggering Chinese escalation.

Fortunately, there is good reason to believe that we will have some warning of war; as was the case along the Ukrainian border, Chinese preparation for conflict would be glaringly visible to everyone concerned. Almost any imaginable conflict, however, would end up including the United States and very likely Japan, and would thus constitute a great power war.

I beg to differ, the Russian invasion of Ukraine showed the world is not trigger happy to start major international conflict. There is a risk for regional conflict, but not a world war. Im afraid if China wants to do something to Taiwan the only thing we will get is thoughts and prayers.

1 Like

I hazard a guess as the whole world seemingly in conflict.
Reporter on CNN news I heard say it’s not if Xi Jingping decides to take Taiwan it’s when! Only half listened as I was reading so don’t know what was said before.
Is this the case?
So China invades Taiwan USA becomes involved militarily, could be the beginning of WWIII

Interesting post look forward to intelligent replies I’m incapable of.

This article is just click-bait and blah blah blah fodder for the masses. There are no novel conclusions or original thoughts or findings in this article. It is a mish-mash of common knowledge and nonsensical comments. It is more of a summary. The guy who wrote this had to churn out another article making the lowest bar and we are the victims to have to discuss this. Might as well have asked ChatGPT to write that article and it would have been as unoriginal.

3 Likes