50cc scooter license - written test only?

I was reading a Tealit article that I’m almost certain is outdated, so I want to check if one of the points is still correct.

• Getting a 50cc scooter license requires only a written test. That’s it. No driving test, just a 35 test question test given at a computer screen

Is it true that if you are getting the 50cc scooter license, you only need to do a written test?

I doubt it.

Ok… Does anybody know? I know you could do it in 2015, but has it changed since then?

Yes, it’s been required since 2016.

Ok, thank you. Do you know if there is a list with the complete scooter written test questions?

I heard they added some new questions this year so not sure if the one I am looking at it right.

This appears to be the latest version. It’s the 4th PDF file from the top.

https://www.thb.gov.tw/sites/ch/modules/download/download_list?node=cc318297-734e-42f0-9524-284801e7064d&c=63e0f1f5-4574-4545-a6fe-987df50ee75f

1 Like

Thank you

Is this like 50cc and below, 50cc and above (to what size), or just 50cc?

I heard 50cc and below electric no license required. But the rules may be changed or changing.

That was funny to go through since you see most of them flouted on a daily basis

I do not believe there is a 50cc only license test, any scooter with a petrol powered engine requires a license. Not sure about now, but when I did my scooter tests electric scooters didnt require a license, but since the Gogoro craze i would not be surprised if they now require a license.

Scooter license - petrol scooters
Car license - … cars!
Motorcycle license = bikes over 600cc? i think it was, requires both a car and scooter license.
Then there is light truck, heavy ect…

Scooter license is doable in a day, computer test and practical. Prac is simple as pie, ride straight line, stop, use indicators, do a semi circle and stop before a line after reaching speed.
Car requires computer test, then 30 days of practice, thats every day, for 30 days. Then prac test.