5G systems

‘At a White House event, the US Federal Communications Commission (FCC) announced new spectrum auctions for 5G systems and said a US$20.4 billion fund would be established to help build high-speed broadband networks in rural areas over the next decade.

Which is really funny as the next big thing (6G probably) will be here before they even started rolling out 5G in rural areas!

the UK is already rolling it out to cows,

@Dr_Milker maybe you could run a test in Taiwan :smiley:

No thanks, man. Those 5G signals will give you udder cancer.

I remember reading last year one investigative person, claimed an LED light in the NE of England which had some 5G connected to it, had caused an increase in miscarriages and cancer.
The council put some kind of restriction on him reporting about it. A judge surprisingly overturned that.

5G frequencies are like gamma rays!

2 Likes

Have heard talks about 5G but do we have it yet? Anyone using 5G phones on 5G network? Any comments on availability and performance would be great.

We have it, but I heard it’ll switch back to 4G every once in a while due to the lack of BS.

Yes. Viewing websites is slightly faster. Loading Youtube videos is also faster.

Anyone here switch over from 4G LTE to 5G?

Any benefits? Major differences?

I can switch, but I have to get a new sim. I’m wondering if it’s worth it, yet.

It would be the FET pay-as-you-go, dropping from 120gigs data/month to 60gigs/month.

wife did, we didn’t notice any major differences.
I guess it depends on your needs , for instant messaging, social media and streaming videos on the cellphone the differences are hardly noticeable if any.

So you will have a faster connection to use up the less data, I don’t think the speed makes that much difference at the moment, unless you want to watch a 4k movie on your phone.

Brother (not in Taiwan) has switched and says it often drops from 5 to 4G when indoors.

Netflix seems more stable, less buffering. If you watch a lot, it might be worth it for unlimited data plans. For prepaid, not sure if it is worth it.