6 mil NTD for such an old apartment?

Lol :rofl: I should have made that joke. What many people in Beitou complain about is the humidity/air. Apparently due to the hot springs stuff in your apartment molds and corrodes much faster. Someone complained that the gold connectors on his stereo corroded…

1 Like

My apartment (well the one under me, plus me on the roof) went for 10 mill. I had a look at the apartment. The last tenants took everything including the tiles on the bathroom floor and the bath tub. It was a shell. 10 million.

1 Like

The bubble where nobady buy and nobady sell. Mostly people swapping houses.

2 Likes

That’s what people do, remodel. You can not live in other people’s house without throwing out everything, bad Feng shui!

1 Like

It’s because there are a lot of retired civil servants from 18% time they had lots of extra cash so just bought more houses or trade them with each other.
Well that and the super, maybe world record low, interest rates, which nobody ever talks about.

1 Like

The property and other capital bubbles will only end when interest rates go back to normal levels. There are too many vested interests preventing this.

2 Likes

Yeah that could be decades later if ever.
It’s really a rigged game.

1 Like

At first glance, it looked like it was in Datong district (Taipei’s old town), which would be nice given the renaissance of the area in the last few years, but Datong Street in Beitou is another story. It’s all about location.

There is no money to be made in real estate in Taipei imho. Only the big developers are making a ton of money, cheap construction materials sold at super high prices.

Also I don’t think that rental prices are that low. The valuation and affordability is so out of proportion, this is the real problem in places like Taipei…

1 Like

These days …Yes.

Step Toe & Son

It must be the most irritating thing estate agents hear: viewers complaining about the interior decor of a house

I’m gonna be honest I reckon if you clean I tip a bit really doesn’t look so bad tbh

1 Like

If the location size etc are fine. Steucturally ok (for taiwan). Thats not all that bad. 2 days with a truck and a week of elbow grease and the inside is fine. We have done this many times on far worse places.

Trick is a very good quality respirator, gloves goggles lots of bleach and multiple high cfm fans :slight_smile:

2 Likes

How true is when Taiwaneses say the air in Beitou will break you home appliance?

1 Like