141 foreign professionals naturalized as Taiwan citizens in three years

You used to be able to get Irish citizenship by being married to an Irish national and not even live in Ireland , same as Belgium.
Also if you were born in Ireland you got citizenship.

Sadly it was abused , now you have to reside and work in Ireland for five years and I think you can apply…Nobody in Ireland cares if you are a citizen of some other country too…Still miles easier than Taiwan. We don’t really need more immigrants in Ireland and have no real threat.

Taiwan ?
The immigration system is just a farce given the threat from China and the extremely low birth rate and the massive need for labour here (factories /looking after the aged). And as somebody who has gone through it (unsuccessfully ) there are huge gaps in how they treat new immigrants. At no point is there any real thought put into what they expect of these immigrants ? It’s just a load of fairly random bureaucratic hoops to jump though. It’s been VERY effective in stopping foreign males from immigrating though !!!

Read all about it here. I’m also proud of the accuracy of my guess as to how many foreign professionals actually naturalised. :sunglasses:

3 Likes