7-11 drinks: What's good?

Fruit milk! It’s 45 NT in the winter, 55 NT in summer.

It’s regular milk plus fruit flavoring and sugar. The apple milk tastes almost exactly like the milk at the bottom of a bowl of Kelloggs Apple Jacks.

I prefer 7-11’s brand to the other stores, because of the easy-opening top. No little bits of tinfoil mixed in with my lactose!

What’s the deal with Yakult and bian dang (lunch box)? Are the two supposed to complement each other? Every time I buy a bian dang, a tiny bottle of complimentary Yakult is attached.

[quote=“tigerman”]Actually, I’ve been meaning to buy a can of that stuff… not to drink, of course :shock: … but because it has what must be the most idiotic slogan printed on it. Ever read it?
[/quote]

[quote=“BAR Beer”]
Work for fun, study for fun, live for fun,
Challenge for fun, think for fun, strive for fun…
Whichever life you choose, don’t forget Bar.
Every time you have a Bar,
The world will be full of fun.[/quote]

That must be on the big cans. On the small cans it is printed as follows:

Yeah… that 's a slogan that’s got me wanting to drink BAR beer :?

i enjoy 7-11 drinks as much as anyone, but on a hot summer day, i will usually swing by a tea stand and get a huge cup of mai4cha2(wheat tea). usually it’s not as sweet as the other teas and seeing the ice cubes in the ice cold drink just makes it taste better.

at 7-11, i like the passion fruit green tea and the rose tea that comes in the curvy bottle.

btw, has anyone tried the milk sidra yet? it’s made by the people who make apple sidra and i think it’s a carbonated milk drink. i don’t mind the yogurty milky stuff, but carbonated is kinda weird. i hear one of the big soda companies is testing a carbonated milk drink in the us as well.

oh yeah, one of my favorite drink names of all time is this drink i came across in japan called “gomen, ne”. that translates roughly as “oh, i’m sorry.” was just an overly sweet soda with a very plain can with a little face like this: :?

I just opened a can. I once drank water that had a dead sheep in it, so I can’t honestly say Milk Sidra is the worst drink I’ve had…

Nah, its OK I guess – a bit like fizzy Yakult and very, very sweet. I won’t have it again.

buy:

Pepsi-twist
Vitali
Apple sidra
Ice-tea
Nestea
and the rest of the coca-cola company’s drinks except all Lights…
Taiwanese Red Bull

recently… or right before the outbreak of SARS… i went to a shabu shabu… and saw a drink called SARS root beer… lol no wonder taiwans gettin sars… they even sell em in ur local shabu shabu restaurant…

• the drink is also knows as Sarsprilla… or something similar… but on the bottle theyve cut it short and called it SARS in capitals… got a pic of it if wanted…

-Jasmine Honey Tea
-Duo He Shui water (the only kind my cat likes to drink)
-Fruitiva Orange Juice (the Tropicana is too sour and the Taiwanese stuff is too sweet and fake tasting)
What ever happened to that black tea in the white cartons with the ladybugs and tea leaves all over it? It was supersweet, but tasted okay when mixed with the bottles of uni-President hong cha (the orange bottles with the tea cup on it) and went very nicely with raisin scones from Twin’s Bakery.

Mr. Brown’s Blue Mountain Coffee

President Milk Tea

President (?) Jasmine Tea

I used to get these little tin cans of grape juice with actual grapes. The only place I ever saw them was at a store way out past Hsin Dian near the turnoff for Wulai. Anyone know what I’m talking about (the grape juice, not the store)?

Hey IL, I saw this in Watson’s, that oughta help relieve your craving a bit!

Hey IL, I saw this in Watson’s, that oughta help relieve your craving a bit![/quote]

Whoa! Careful there. Sasaya’s been off the shelves for quite some time now. Watson’s is notorious for selling stuff that’s way past its sell-by date. What’s the betting they’ve cornered a job lot of past-it juice at a knock down price and are now selling it? That’s what Watson’s does. I would check the date on the can verrrrry carefully!

Watson’s is not the only place that carries it. I also saw Sasaya at that basement supermarket on Heping East between 45 and Spin. Didn’t check the expiration date, though. My attention was grabbed by the very high calorie count (something like 165). :shock:

It’s a catchy name, whatever it may taste like. If the product has been pulled off the market, at least they might consider resurrecting the name.

Hey, Imani, your choice of drinks in 7-11 matches mine exactly – how uncanny! The Honey Jasmine Tea is just about the only boxed drink that I’ll buy there, I always go for the “Duo He Shui” water, and that Fruitiva/Fructiva or whatever they call it is my first choice among a lot of other very second-rate juices (though I’m not too keen on those bits of orange floating about in the last few mouthfuls).

[quote=“sandman”]

Whoa! Careful there. Sasaya’s been off the shelves for quite some time now. Watson’s is notorious for selling stuff that’s way past its sell-by date. What’s the betting they’ve cornered a job lot of past-it juice at a knock down price and are now selling it? That’s what Watson’s does. I would check the date on the can verrrrry carefully![/quote]

Hey that stuff ages like fine wine. Cmon you sound like my grandma Sandman :slight_smile:

I tried a “box of coffee” today fron the 7-11. No idea of the brand, but its in a brown box like a milk carton. I had the latte and my mate said the mocha was ok too. Pretty good for coffee in a box.

[quote]daltongang wrote:
ironlady wrote:
Demand that your local 7-11 put “Sasaya” back on the shelves – a delicious, if calorie-laden, concoction mainly of coconut milk, in a can. It’s hard to find these days, but a couple of years ago I used to live on the stuff.

Hey IL, I saw this in Watson’s, that oughta help relieve your craving a bit!

Whoa! Careful there. Sasaya’s been off the shelves for quite some time now. Watson’s is notorious for selling stuff that’s way past its sell-by date. What’s the betting they’ve cornered a job lot of past-it juice at a knock down price and are now selling it? That’s what Watson’s does. I would check the date on the can verrrrry carefully![/quote]

I saw that Sasaya in Watson’s but the cans looked a bit old and dented so I didn’t try one (expiry date was 2005 though), then last night at another Watson’s I saw it again and EVERY can was dented and/or rusted. Yep, I bet they got a good price on some reject stock.

Brian

Pocari Sweat

I like “TwoDogs” the australian lemon brew…

axxxxxxxxxx

[quote=“ax”]I like “TwoDogs” the Australian lemon brew…

axxxxxxxxxx[/quote]
I don’t mind the Smirnoff Ice, but that Two Dogs stuff has a weird paper-like taste to me.

I love Ice too. Been switching Ice and Dogs :slight_smile:

ax