7-11, Family Mart, McDonald's in house channels?

It is usually on top of the phone. Are you sure your phone has it?

Can use this app to set up remotes. We can control our air conditioner too!

Yeah I got it but never got it to work
My phone top has the following from left to right.
A small rectangular oval shape with three holes in it on the left side. Then on the right top is my earphone jack followed by a very small hole…
Which thing is my blaster

I think it needs ir which not many phones have.

Basically tv remote uses an infrared led to blast coded signals at it.

Far as I know most phones use Bluetooth and that’s it. Maybe if the tv has wifi you can control it with your phone?

Perhaps a list of phones that have ir is helpful. Since this app is from Xiaomi it may be specific to that phone.

Update: some googling reveals that many Chinese phones have it but it’s rare for non Chinese phones. Like Samsung don’t use it anymore and I’m not hopeful that iphones have it.

So if you got Xiaomi or Huawei phones then it will probably have it.

Your only option is an external device for ir blaster.

If you’re going to use this thing so you can remote control tv in public space then it is probably not going to be welcomed, if not criminal.

I have an old Xiaomi A1. The larger circle in he middle is the IR blaster. It is covered by slightly see through plastic (not a hole) which has a LED behind it.

Find the exact model and confirm in the specifications that your model has IR blaster.

Based on your description your phone does not have one.

Alternative option:

It seems most phones that aren’t Chinese don’t have it. If you have an iphone you do not have it.

Xiaomi and Huawei phones have them.

It works! Thank you. It seems I was rushing the insulation process and not checking all the configurations one device at 30 posibie configurations.
Also it won’t remember any sitting unless I was signed in it seems.
Now my air conditioning works and I’ll set up my phones and cable boxes.

1 Like