7-11 Food - What's Good

Where are they mod lang? The last one I saw in Taipei was two years ago. The staff at several 7-11s said they moved the equipment down to southern Taiwan because it was hotter there. Why not just buy more equipment?[/quote]

I have found exactly one. It’s the 7-11 right next to the Carrefour off of Junghua North Road in Tainan. I haven’t noticed any in the other 7-11s.

The only one I’ve seen is in northeastern Taiwan, on the way from Taipei to Yehliou. Anyway, when they had them in Taipei City, the odds of the machine working were about 50%.

The cheese hot dogs are a good occasional snack, the ones I really miss though are the salsa-filled ones they had for a while!!

I also love the pudding ice cream bars.

The green tea they have is great, the one with the green leaves swirling around on the front. Not too sweet at all, it’s perfect.

The cold noodles with peanut sauce are good.

I’m also a big fan of the tea eggs, but only the not-so-brown ones.

You guys must be joking when you say that the burgers are edible.
I tried one and the meat looked and tasted exactly like the Vulcanized meat-product that I got in the high school cafeteria in the the early 1970s. A blast from the past, but total crap as far as food goes.

[quote=“wolf_reinhold”]You guys must be joking when you say that the burgers are edible.
I tried one and the meat looked and tasted exactly like the Vulcanized meat-product that I got in the high school cafeteria in the the early 1970s. A blast from the past, but total crap as far as food goes.[/quote]

Wolf, I’m going to be blunt with you. I’m sick of your positive, optimistic, heart-full-of-love-for-life attitude. Would you for once be critical?

In your dreams… :wink:

OK, the thing about the burgers happens to be true; I encourage everyone to plop down NT$39 and find out.

But I do have to say, for Hakkasonic, that the NT$18 twin little baotze are really nice. I was quite surprised. I recommend them.

Pig’s Feet Rice Dinner Box was a surprisingly good meal. The cold sesame noodles always comes in handy as a light bite to eat for a late night dinner.

Not too happy with their 5 NT Salad Dressings though. To me it tastes a little bit like cardboard. But, I could whip a reasonable facsimile of thousand islands with their mayo like salad dressing, free ketchup and relish sauce.

Their bacon noodles are ok, but it has enough Garlic in it to frighten all the vampires out of Taiwan. Does anyone think this dish doesn

It is slightly better if you acquire it using the five-finger discount.

I think the burgers are ok, especially the newest one (chicken with ham and cheese). However, when I choose to eat something from 7-11, I’m not going in there with very high expectations, so I guess I don’t set myself up for disappointment that way. My standards would be much higher at a “better” restaurant … you get what you pay for.

That was my original point. That NT$39 chicken burger is worth at least NT$40, and thus a good deal.