7-11 Imported Beers!

Arrg…just went to both 7/11’s near me.
No Murphys, Guinness, Erdinger, Hoegaarden.
Just the normal crap.

[quote=“joesax”]My friend told me that in Belgium, they normally serve Hoegaarden with a twist of lemon (like Corona).

I wanted more of a lemon kick so I squeezed a fair bit of lemon into a poured Hoegaarden, and it was very nice actually. Refreshing.

Then, last night, I wanted to go one step further. I whizzed up a couple of kiwis and put the juice in with an Erdinger. Very nice actually, though just one kiwi would probably have been enough.

This might sound wierd but there is actually some precedent – the Germans and Belgians are into their fruit-flavoured beers I believe.[/quote]

Germans are not specialized in Fruit flavoured beers, but go plenty of different Pilsners.
As for us , Belgians, Cherry. peach and cranberry beers are pretty common
New tastes as Strawberry etc are focused to females, but tend to be unsuccessful.

But, pls, do not squeze a lemon into a Hoegaarden. It is not a Fish you are serving :wink:
Slice a 3 mm - 5 mm of LIME into it and serve it in a freezer chilled 33 cl glass (like the ones you can buy in Ikea without “Hoegaarden” branding on it. Than you are close to perfection how we consume those presents from heaven.
And keep the beer at 5 degrees Celcius maximum… MMMM… getting thursty already :stuck_out_tongue:

Last day of the sale, folks. Are ye all stocked up? It’s actually surprising just how much stout is to be found, albeit off the beaten track. Some of those isolated 7-11s have either no euro beer, or a motherlode of Murphy’s…
Now I wish i’dda bought that 2nd fridge. :unamused:

Dude, I told you Scott only wants $500 for the fridge.
Peace, Mark
Beer, drink beer, if you have a choice, drink vodka, a whole bottle, everyday, with a mix.

The promotion is over?!?!?

I just bought a Guiness and a Murphy’s after driving to 5- 7-11’s to find it.

There is no anywhere to get good beer down here anymore after “The Golden Eagle” changed their menu and now only have the standard Taiwan swill.

I got two off them.

The last place I saw them was in a 7-11 in Nei Hu.’

I’m going some day to see if they stil got them.

[quote=“almas john”]Family Mart has a Buy 5, Get 1 Free deal on Taiwan Beer at the moment.

Enjoy![/quote]

You can put it in your :moon:

[quote=“Josefus”]I just had my first Foster’s.
Hopefully it will also be my last.[/quote]

Only good thing with Foster’s is the foster’s girls

[quote=“alidarbac”]I had gotten pretty complacent since I had a big stock of Murphy’s, went on vacation for a while, etc. I tapped my stock last night, so I went to the nearest 7-11 to replenish. Plenty of Hoegaarden’s and Erdinger’s and fruity Japanese shit, but no Murphy’s. So I went out on a mission, scouring all of the 7-11’s in town and buying whatever Guinness, Murphy’s or Boddington’s I could find, which weren’t many.

You had better hurry up and snatch what’s left while you can.[/quote]

Do you sell anny?

[quote=“Josefus”]Arrg…just went to both 7/11’s near me.
No Murphys, Guinness, Erdinger, Hoegaarden.
Just the normal crap.[/quote]

I’m just sticking with corona and Glenfiddich now.

[quote=“Lo Bo To”]The promotion is over?!?!?

I just bought a Guiness and a Murphy’s after driving to 5- 7-11’s to find it.

There is no anywhere to get good beer down here anymore after “The Golden Eagle” changed their menu and now only have the standard Taiwan swill.[/quote]

If annyone would start a beer import company I would be a customer droping in now and then even it would mean a hours drive eatch way.

RT Mart has Boag’s premium in boxes of 5 with a free schooner. Cheap. Excellent lager.

Yep, I mentioned that before, but I can’t find it now.
Might have been in a Temp thread.
It was 300 on sale, I think it’s back at 325 now.
Still a good price. :beer:

Bump.
Murphy’s is back at 7-11 for 79nt a can.
Didn’t see any of the other Euro-beers from last summer though.
Get it while you can, who knows how long it will last this time.

I got some for my friend when they had those beers last summer .
Pretty good though.