7-11's City Cafe actually pretty good coffee

Am I losing my bearings, or are the automated lattes and espresso drinks at City Cafe really above average? Never been a big Starbucks fan, but I think City Cafe’s latte’s are as good if not better. Anyone else dare to observe this?

They are convenient. I buy a latte sometimes. Also the Family Mart has a similar service.

7-11 latte…pretty good.

i get there vanilla iced coffee and i must say its awesome and packs a great punch lol

I’m not sure that being better than Starbuck’s qualifies as good. But then I grind my own so maybe I’m a snob.

Da bie mei shi. Re de. Xie Xie.

There was a reason the 7-eleven corp licensed the rights to Starbucks in TW. :laughing: They are sharp.

You should try 85C. It’s a bit more expensive but a lot better than City IMHO.

The City Cafe coffee is too weak and I’m an insomniac.

City Cafe is great because you can sit outside 7-11 drinking cheap beer, on nice chairs with an umbrella. And beer.

I see a lot of crazy old men and construction workers.

And 85C is too hot.

I see a lot of crazy old men and construction workers.

[/quote]

I’m not that old, and my mates may look like that but it’s only because they’re kindy teachers.

Since you mentioned it – I really love 85C. I think their coffee and pastries are outstanding, and by US standards very cheap.

Since you mentioned it – I really love 85C. I think their coffee and pastries are outstanding, and by US standards very cheap.[/quote]+1 here.

Nothing wrong with 85C! I’d rather go to e-coffee than the seven for a quick cup.

[quote=“Tempo Gain”]Nothing wrong with 85C! I’d rather go to e-coffee than the seven for a quick cup.[/quote]A couple of years back, the two e-coffees around my area in Yungho changed their names to ‘Tea and Coffee’ and ‘e-cafe’ I think the other was. Not the same at all taste wise any more. Agree though, e-coffee is great. I always ranked 85 and ecoffee my faves.

Mr. Brown is another fave of mine, but they have the annoying policy for a chain of that quality of not providing milk for regular coffee, only those rancid little plastic creamer things.

[quote=“Tempo Gain”]Mr. Brown is another fave of mine, but they have the annoying policy for a chain of that quality of not providing milk for regular coffee, only those rancid little plastic creamer things.[/quote]Ewwwww. I’ll stay away. Dante/Dantin is one I never liked either but every time I walk past, they seem to be doing a roaring trade.

Yeah, me too. Mr. Brown’s coffee is pretty damn good though. Hard to beat for a latte or cappuccino.

I recently always get a City Café point (1點) when buying a coffee there. What’s it good for, how many do I need to get a free coffee?