70,000NT a month when you retire isn't a dream

I had to make this post because I wanted to see if anyone else saw the TV program on retiring and pension funds in Taiwan. The topic of the talk show was basically that you CAN receive 70,000NT a month after you retire, and this was based on a month income while working of only 43,000NT. The catch? You have to pay into three different pension plans. Two were public and one was private/your choice. I had to chuckle and roll around on the floor for a while. I wonder if the government paid them to host the show to get people to pay into the under funded/bankrupt system?

i guess only gov servant can enjoy this ideal retired plan.
in taiwan, gov servant can receive more income after retired from gov than they work.

kevinhuang, yes, I have heard about how much they get after they retire, but this TV talk show was aimed at the mainstream worker, who apparently earned 43,000NT a month (I believe there are plenty of Taiwanese who don’t fall into this category). The absurd thing was that you could essentially almost “double” your income by paying into three retirement plans, something which I am sure most people would jump at. The whole thing rank of ponzi.

If a person pays out for three retirement plan out of his/her 43000 NT pm salary, how is he/she planning to survive until retirement, especially in Taipei?

That’s a GOOD question :slight_smile: I asked my wife that exact question.

Do you have a link?

Was a TV program talk show on during the day time. So, no link. Sorry.