85°C Coffee = Crack Cocaine?

WEeeeeEEEeeeeEEE this stuff is like rocket fuel. Everytime I have my first cup of this stuff my heart starts racing and I feel like I’ve just pulled a Tony Montana. YIK YIK YIK!

Seriously, what’s with the coffee they use?!

Actually, that’s a pretty good analogy.

It’s also a lot cheaper than the other stuff (Starbucks) and they sell it on every corner, to get all the poor, regular folks hooked, who couldn’t afford the fancy stuff.

Now you see the addicts on every streetcorner paying to get a quick fix.

[quote=“Mother Theresa”]Actually, that’s a pretty good analogy.

It’s also a lot cheaper than the other stuff (Starbucks) and they sell it on every corner, to get all the poor, regular folks hooked, who couldn’t afford the fancy stuff.

Now you see the addicts on every streetcorner paying to get a quick fix.[/quote]

For 35ntd for a far sized cup and for a decent tasting coffee with a wicked buzz…ya can’t go wrong in my opinion.

I’d just like to know if there is a certain difference between the beans they import or do they hype this shit up with some sort of ‘supplement’? I kid you not. I like this coffee but I get wired right the fuck up everytime I have a cup.

Damn, I should have walked the extra 500m today and gone there instead of Starbucks.

Maybe it’s espresso? cafe negro? Honestly, it’s this kind of concern that makes me look for international brands for almost everything I buy.

I just drink Whisbih.

Really? I used to drink their coffee when we lived next door to one and could promptly go right to sleep after drinking one. I didn’t get any effect at all.

I also feel there is nothing special about the coffee - either in taste or in buzz.

Perhaps you’re accustomed to it?

Comming from a Canuck - Tim Hortons or Coffee Time can get ya goin as well.

I like the coffee at 85. For me it’s not only a laxative but a way to watch my hands tremble holding on to the TP.

Are you not shure that this isn’t a carry-over effect from past indulgences?
Sugar is a most powerful deceiver.

I say, old chaps,:
yet, our local 85, therein I get naught of this shaky quacky whirlwinds!
Where is the offering branch?
I must sample at once!
:mickey:

Tim Horton’s is swill at best.

But perhaps I do have a greater tolerance. When I make instant I generally use 4 tablespoons per mug.

[quote=“kelake”][quote=“M0NSTER”]

Comming from a Canuck - Tim Hortons or Coffee Time can get ya goin as well.

[/quote]

Tim Horton’s is swill at best.

[/quote]

This comming from a person who uses instant coffee! BLASPHEMY!

Ha…I was going to say the EXACT same thing.

Actually, I like 85 coffee. It’s cheap, convenient, their cakes are really good as well, and their other iced drinks (hubby doesn’t do coke/coffee) are nice. Overall, it’s cool to encourage a local business too. I specially like seeing local ppl enjoy a bit of “”"“fresh”""" (ahem, outdoor should I say) air and taking time to enjoy life a bit while sitting on the patio chairs, as terrasses/outdoor seating areas are not often seen here (I mean besides lou bian tang where you sit on their 30 cm diameter “seat” for 10 seconds while slurping your chow). A nice change of pace!!! Hopefully it will get more and more popular.

Iced coffee at MOS Burger is hardcore crank. I think it’s double strength. Maybe that’s because I order it without ice.

Probably indonesian beans? It a great coffee bean but super strong? Its required for ice coffee in TAiwan.

Try this to fight off sleepiness: a cup of 85 Coffee + a Dove milk chocolate bar.

I might get railed for saying this, but honestly I like McDonald’s coffee. It’s crap, I know. But it’s really good crap coffee! Haha. It’s drinkable and you can get three or four gallons for next to nothing. :eek:

I stop by the Mac and geta cupa java every morning. Not bad stuff to take to work at a buck a copy (calif).