9-11 souvenirs -- acceptable?

Rumsfeld, FBI Official Kept 9-11 Items

Click here for full story

[quote]The report discloses that among the items taken, agents had cut World Trade Center security patches from the sleeves of shirt pieces found in the rubble.
One New York agent who worked on the evidence recovery team “stated it was a ghoulish prospect that anyone would want things from a crime scene where people have died,” the report said.[/quote]

I’ve no problem with the item Rumsfeld has. I don’t think the FBI agents should have taken some of the items from the WTC…

But, does it really matter?

I think it does. Those items will still be lying around 20 years from now and if even one of them is picked up off a knick-knack shelf somewhere and pondered over by someone who maybe wasn’t even born when 9-11 took place, it will have served its purpose to remind people exactly what sparked the beginning of the end of Islamic fundamentalism and why the perpetrators indeed deserved to die from being gutshot with shit-smeared bullets and left to die slowly of infection.

And what happened to the civilians who kept pieces of the Columbia space shuttle? Fucking FBI dweebs.

texnews.com/1998/2003/texas/texa … st_29.html

[quote]The final investigatory report said the Justice Department inspector general confirmed Rumsfeld “has a piece of the airplane that flew into the Pentagon.” The Associated Press obtained a copy of the report Friday.

Pentagon spokesman Lawrence Di Rita said Friday night that Rumsfeld has a shard of metal from the jetliner that struck the Pentagon on a table in his office and shows it to people as a reminder of the tragedy Pentagon workers shared on Sept. 11, 2001.[/quote]
I’d be surprised at the man if he didn’t have something like that. He can use it to remind certain visitors . . . cough NANCY PELOSI cough . . . that the world is a dangerous place.

I think it does. Those items will still be lying around 20 years from now and if even one of them is picked up off a knick-knack shelf somewhere and pondered over by someone who maybe wasn’t even born when 9-11 took place, it will have served its purpose to remind people exactly what sparked the beginning of the end of Islamic fundamentalism and why the perpetrators indeed deserved to die from being gutshot with shit-smeared bullets and left to die slowly of infection.[/quote]

Yes, I agree. What I wasn’t clear but meant was does it do any harm.

Must be me. There is no poll section as usual. Strange but true.

Wolf,

I added a poll. Hope it is satisfactory.

I believe in efficiency. Shooting the perpetrators in the gut should be sufficient to smear the bullets with shit. No need to pre-smear them to get the infection going.

as long as these people aren’t keeping them as personal property items (instead of staying government property) eg. keeping them at home, ebaying them years from now, etc.

um, aren’t the “die from infection” posts just a little :offtopic:

I would probably be more offended if someone were selling shit-smeared 9-11 keepsake bullets, boxcutters, or any other dangerous items on e-Bay somewhere.

Just to be absolutely clear, no matter what anybody says about Rumsfeld being dangerous, he is not actually smeared with shit.

That said, there are things that bother me a lot more than the idea that high-level government official in office at the time of 9-11 would need a physical reminder of something that we all pretty much remember without memory aids. It’s far more annoying the number of people trying to profiteer off tacky American kitsch to take advantage of the emotions of the post-911 period.