9 FOREIGNERS attack friend in Luxy 3 AM. Hospitalized

[quote=“tango42”]Does he even remember what happened? Or was he drunk like everyone else at 3am and probably doesn’t remember exactly what happened. If 9 guys beat him up, then he would probably be a lot worse. Maybe only one guy beat him up, but he remembers seeing a bunch guys before that in the bar. How did the number 9 come up? Who counts numbers of people at 3am?

Lets hear the full story from him as he remembers and anyone else that was there.[/quote]

Hi everyone, I’m the friend that got beaten up. I’ve got a broken wrist and stitches on my forehead, but all in all fine.
What follows is my account of what happened:

After some friends whom I was with decided to get some food, I went to the 7-11 behind Luxy to get a drink, which is where I met a former student of TAS whom I recognized. I had previously consumed alcohol but wasn’t drunk (or even close). I began speaking with that student about where we met the first time. At this point his friend, who came with a group a people (approximately 8), joined the conversation. The conversation eventually diverted towards the OP’s friend as he was someone we both knew; his current predicament was reveled to me. I proceeded to state my opinion that the guy was an idiot for doing something like this, especially in a foreign country. The guy who joined the conversation then threatened to “knock me the **** out” because he was a friend of his. I shrugged off the remark following which he said, “You don’t think I can do it!?”. He then pushed me and I fell. I got up and was then surrounded by his group of friends (one of them was possibly his brother). They told me to back off before they all beat me at which point I realized I didn’t want the situation to escalation any further. I decided to take the high road and apologized for the remark. He came at me again, this time punching me in the face (hence the stitches and the fall which caused the broken wrist). I stood up again and contemplated hitting him back (I was visibly angry at this point). Three of his friends then approached me threatening to kill me if I didn’t leave. I decided the best thing to do at this point was take a taxi and head for the police station.

My hopes weren’t too high when I got to the station as I’ve heard stories of people being assaulted by US citizenship holders in Taiwan and the police not being able to do anything about them because they were American. At the station I told the police the above story. To my surprise they were very willing to help. I am now in the processes of working with the police. I have found three of the individuals on FaceBook and have submitted their pictures to the police.

Any advice or suggestions on how to proceed next would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

They assaulted you. Press charges and they will be dealt with according to the law. The 7/11 probably has video image of the assault? That could help.

Well it certainly helps that you know at least one of the guys involved. Have the police question him to determine the identities of the other eight (or so).

Hope you can sort it out. What an awful thing to happen. Glad to hear that you’re (kind of) OK.

So? Who is the bigger idiot - the mob or your friend? I probably would have made the same factual comment if I had been in that position.

Hi shy1990,

Thanks for popping in and giving your statement of what happened. A similar thing happened to me (in a different country) once and it was a very upsetting experience. Good on the police for actually doing something (were the foreign affairs police involved at any stage, or have you considered involving them?) and good on you for tracking the guys down through Facebook.

Good luck with everything.

Get with the FAP and make sure these F%^&ers don’t do a runner. I wouldnt be surprised if they are following this thread and getting ready to jump. Get FAP to put them on the no-fly/no exit list at Customs. ASAP! If you don’t, you will regret it.

IMO, this sucks. Best of luck,

UJ

I would too, but everyone is a bad ass when 8 friends are backing up, no one goes 1 on 1 anymore.

I would too, but everyone is a bad ass when 8 friends are backing up, no one goes 1 on 1 anymore.[/quote]

Here is the thing though: who the f**k backs up a friend to bang up a guy in a 9vs1?? I have friends I would defend with my freaking life if it came to that but I can safely say I would never help any of them ganging up on a single person. Then again, I don’t have any friend who would want to do that.

[quote=“Novaspes”]
Here is the thing though: who the f**k backs up a friend to bang up a guy in a 9vs1?? I have friends I would defend with my freaking life if it came to that but I can safely say I would never help any of them ganging up on a single person. Then again, I don’t have any friend who would want to do that.[/quote]

I agree, That’s what I’m saying about the no one goes 1-on-1 anymore thing, I have an agreement with my friends, where we don’t butt in if it’s personal, unless there’s some dirty play. But then… there’s cowards, who cannot handle their alcohol, and their ego, and they exist EVERYWHERE. Also, these are friends with someone who smuggled drug into a country where it is illegal, I wouldn’t drink/hang out with them… think about that.

I would too, but everyone is a bad ass when 8 friends are backing up, no one goes 1 on 1 anymore.[/quote]

Here is the thing though: who the f**k backs up a friend to bang up a guy in a 9vs1?? I have friends I would defend with my freaking life if it came to that but I can safely say I would never help any of them ganging up on a single person. Then again, I don’t have any friend who would want to do that.[/quote]
You’re also not a teenager. I am getting more and more annoyed by younger people meaning I am getting older :cry:

Assault is serious. Even that gal who bitch slapped a swiss student for not wanting to continue a relationship with her is facing up to a year or two in jail.

chinapost.com.tw/taiwan/nati … 2C+News%29

Oh, man! Market opportunities, ho!

1.) Seduce a really rich woman.
2.) Make her really interested in you.
3.) Break it off suddenly and harshly.
4.) Take a few weak hits from a girl.
5.) Sue for assault.
6.) Profit!

[quote=“ehophi”]Oh, man! Market opportunities, ho!

1.) Seduce a really rich woman.
2.) Make her really interested in you.
3.) Break it off suddenly and harshly.
4.) Take a few weak hits from a girl.
5.) Sue for assault.
6.) Profit![/quote]

:thumbsup: Business idea! We should open a family investigation agency specializing in men slapped by their SOs, kind of like the sleazy 女人徵信 sort of places but in reverse.