$90,000 found in congressman's freezer

[quote=“CNN”]

A 95-page affidavit used to obtain a warrant for the office search found 90,000 in various frozen food containers.

The Justice Department has been investigating Jefferson’s relations to telecommunications deals in Africa, and the House Ethics Committee is investigating him.

The affidavit states that investigators have collected evidence implacating Jefferson in at least seven other cases of “seeking something of value in return for official acts.”

The clould over Jefferson comes as Democratic leaders have been attacking what they call a culture of corruption within the Republican Party.

www.CNN.com/2006/POLITICS/05/21/jeffers … index.html[/quote]
I am rarely surprised when anyone is caught taking bribes. There are 400+ representatives in the House. They are ALL locally elected. Most are democratic or republican because that’s what they say their consituents are.

This is a bit of news that drew my attention.
chron.com/disp/story.mpl/nation/3878674.html

I called his office a few years ago to ask for help with the extra judicial deportation and persecution of Americans in Taiwan.
I was told by a staffer that the office of Congressman Jefferson would not even be willing to review the cases.
Now I know why.

fapa.org/TaiwanCaucus/member … tical.html

Hmm, methinks we have a thread or two on this. :slight_smile:

Here’s more…

[quote]Latest co-sponsors of the resolution.

H.CON.RES.346
Title: Expressing the sense of Congress relating to a free trade agreement between the United States and Taiwan.
Sponsor: Rep Ramstad, Jim [MN-3] (introduced 2/16/2006) Cosponsors (40)
Related Bills: S.CON.RES.84
Latest Major Action: 2/16/2006 Referred to House committee. Status: Referred to the House Committee on Ways and Means.[/quote]

fapa.org/FTA/Co-sponsors.htm