A forlorn hope

I know this is a silly question, and I don’t know why I’m even asking really. Optimism always wins over experience, I suppose, or else I’m just being stupid again.

Anyway, here it goes:

When do the schools, elementary and high schools, finish the current semester and when do they start the next one? I have ballpark figures, plus or minus a couple of weeks, but that’s not really very helpful.

I think schools finish June 30.

Hi Strag,

I have a firm date on the end of semester, June 30th, in Taipei City at least. Summer holidays as of July 1st. Sounds suspect to me though, because that puts it in the middle of the week :s

Starting dates are always a problem because the schoolboard doesn’t usually post a definte date until the last week or two before the preceeding semester is over. :unamused: Roundabouts are the last week of July/first week of August.

Sorry I can’t be of more help at the moment.

Good luck,
CK

Thanks guys,

We were looking at June 30 as being the most likely end date too. They started back in the middle of the week, so I guess it’s feasible to end on a Wednesday.

End of July to go back? Yikes!! Anybody have further info on that? The last students I talked to told me they were getting two months - except that they have summer school, maybe.

I think you’re right SB. Usually 2 months for hols, pretty much the whole of Jul/Aug.

Brian

Oh yeah, a couple of years ago, I found the official school calendar online by searching in English. It took some time to find though. If you do find it, let everyone know.

Brian