I was born in the PRC in the 1980’s. My parents are both PRC citizens. After marriage I got a EU nationality and for this reason I lost the PRC nationality. I travel to China on a tourist visa.
I would like to discuss the following questions:
- Technically am I considered a ROC national?
- If I move to Taiwan (work, study,…) would I be given a ARC (for foreigners) or a TARC (for ROC nationals)?
- If I have a TARC may I apply for a “no-ID ROC passport”?
- If I am given a ARC could I become a ROC national by naturalization? Would I have to renounce to my EU nationality?
- If I apply for a Overseas Chinese Certificate using a proof of Chinese ethnicity would this document be of any use?