A Friend in Need.

Well, he helped fight that one guy, the failed artist with the funny 'stache but was actually quite late to the struggle. Most of us had been going head to head with the “artist” for quite some time before my friend decided to lend a hand. He was, undoubtedly, the reason we got rid of him, and like others, sacrificed quite a lot.

Some of us think he may have actually been profiting from the mustache prior to joining the fray, but that can be forgiven as he was indeed instrumental in forcing “Stachie” from the 'hood.

He got a pretty bloated sense of self after that and started flexing his strength all over the place, mostly picking on (what he thought were) weaklings. He broke into one guys house and discovered he was not as tough as he thought he was. He eventually fled with his tail between his legs.

And then, a few years ago, one guy sucker punched him. Enraged, he went on a rampage, picking on anyone that looked like the sucker puncher. This was the beginning of the end for this guy. He was fine with running around punching anyone that he wanted to, but when someone tried to fight back, albeit in a very cowardly way, my friend completely lost his mind.

For all his tough talk, he really is filled with fear of his bravado being exposed as weakness.

It all comes down to fear. A lot of what he is afraid of is a figment of his imagination and the rest is an excuse for his all-encompassing greed.

He is a lost soul and becoming dangerous to the rest of us. I don’t think the 'hood can afford to wait him out. He has so many enablers (63,000,000 by my count) that he can’t see the forest for the trees.

Something needs to be done. For our sake as well as his.

NB: Turns out, his Grandfather never paid the labourers that built his house either. To this day, he still disparages the kids of his former work force, devaluing their worth at every turn. These descendants are an important part of our 'hood, but my pal doesn’t value them at all and does whatever he can to marginalize these people.

https://youtu.be/nLoO_XsYAxQ

1530352679672m

1 Like

He’s not little, he’s the more convenient pocket size!! :grin:

Maybe they were referring to the size of something in particular? I mean, he can’t even grow a decent pair of eyebrows…

For example? Have him committed? Stage an intervention? Here’s the thing. Why should your friend trust your diagnosis? You’ve obviously grown apart. You’ve missed a lot. You might very well be living in the past. Maybe you are suffering a little separation anxiety. Things, people, concerns…change. Your friend’s family has always been a bit eccentric as far as I can tell, coming as they do from far and wide under myriad circumstances, and now social media has given voice to aunties and uncles who never could make it into town before now. Your friend’s not about to cut off their cell service because they use it, even if they won’t shut up about the weather and the holidays. Your friend is responding to them in the only way he knows how, I think, by acting out, by giving them what they say they want…something to see, gossip about and unfairly judge.

I mean, the family, they are nucking futs. They chose Uncle Harvey to host Thanksgiving. He’s got the biggest house and huge lawn and he serves deep fried chocolate jelly donuts and makes his own moonshine. Your friend probably knows this is an iffy situation at best, but he’s going. He wouldn’t miss it …for the world. Everyone will be there. Aunt Sally will be there too and those two do not get along. She has a nicer house (she married up) but you can’t walk on the white carpet with shoes on and she makes you pay $5 to park in her driveway and she says she uses it to feed hungry children but we know she just dyes her hair and buys new Hawaiian moo moos with it.

I half expect your friend knows that more than most of them won’t even show up for dinner.

1 Like

In my country of origin there is a diction: “show me your friends and I show to you who you are”. With such a position envisaged I would consider to elongate myself from such a friend. A other consideration is that if you speak poorly and at such a length of such a friend in such a public place, therefore are you veritably a friend to this person? Perhaps a more direct and discret intervention is in order? Be that, or a total cessation of the relation.

You seem like a decent guy JD, don’t let people troll you. I already had a feeling where this was going on the first post. Then this on the second.

That is Donald Trump. sorry to spoil the fun Toe_Save.

1 Like

Ha Ha. Double Ha Ha.

It took me 10 seconds to think it was Trump.

Sorry rest of world for America’s fuck up in electing such a deranged human to run our all powerful country.

It’s ok, we can all forgive you for #44. Luckily the God Emperor is putting things back in place.

The World can be harsh :disappointed_relieved:

3 Likes

It’s all good Mick. Thanks.

I’m waiting to see if TS’s friend is Trump or the Soul of America. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looked more like trolling the troll to me.

1 Like

Nah. I think Toe’s post was pretty cool, albeit somewhat confusing to me as to who the “friend” actually is. And if I am re-trolling him it is unintentional. Post-Vietnam America has been redefined in the past 40 years, and it is certainly not the Southern “brother” Januduh grew up with. I’ve been back 6 years now, and it’s not the place I left in 1994…at all. I get Toe’s consternation.

America is vastly more interesting now. The country is far more liberal at nearly every level from when I left; however, that built-in checks and balances we are brought up eating and breathing, allows us to hedge our political bets towards the conservative side in a post-modern paradox like nothing I’ve ever seen. More liberal populace and distrust of government; elect erratic kinda sorta right wing anti-politician. The paradox runs deep. Healthcare is expensive; extreme sports are incredibly popular. College…let me tell you…is expensive and college debt crippling; POTUS (Obama) tells us everybody should go. Hillary spoke with forked tongue about her health and was wooden on the stump; Trump gets elected as a cheeseburger eating Archie Bunker caricature and goes off on world leaders like Sam Eliot on The Ranch. The Left screams and flails about Lucy pulling back the country at the last minute; the Right asks, “What the :banana: happened to Roseanne?”

No one knows yet. Nothing has really played out.

They don’t make enough :popcorn: to keep up with this.

Me? I hike, fish and read books. I keep up with the news, but on larger, broader, nuanced issues, I’d rather have the sourced facts. Mostly NF but now I’m aboot to start The Winter of Our Discontent. Seems timely. Should be a hoot. :trollface:

All of this is fine, but I find the discussion is seriously elongated from the initial preoccupation of the OP concerning his friend. Perhaps a suggestion to those wishing to discuss the American politic to commence a thread dedicated to that?

Ask not for whom the thread trolls…

2 Likes

Hemingway troll😂

Hemingway was no Updike was no Carver was no Murakami. His subject matter deserved a gun in the mouth.

And as a war correspondent, was certainly no Junger.

jdspits :rant:

1 Like

@jdsmith

That was some trippy allegorizing bud. I read it after the Canada Day party&protest and was elated that was my last act of a great day. I am gonna be rereading that several times to suck&savour every nuanced nugget out of it.

And you are correct in surmizing that my friend is certainly not 45, but the true blue yankee stew that is the American Soul.

Therefore, @Mick, I am a little disheartened that you see this as trolling. It really isn’t. I think it’s a thought experiment where we all speak of what’s a-goin’ on in the metaphor of concern for an erm…friend in need. The mention of 63m enablers was a conceit, a momentary lapse in metaphor, to…well… @Rocket summed it up best:

So, @Mick, if you can see your way fit to reassessing your take on my intent, I’d like to suggest that we continue to feed the fable, as 't’were.

Let’s creatively discuss our “friend”.

I have to kickstart the day
And I’ve more to say
But to my dismay
A client comes this way
Cha-Toe yet fit for display
Ergo, the maid I must play.

1 Like