A Friend in Need.

I had originally thought of posting an analogy of my own, but since this is the Open Forum and knowing as I do there are more than a few posters who avoid IP due to the toxicity and acrimony that the topic creates refrained and bluntly pointed out what the topic is about (your clarification that its about his supporters not Trump personally not withstanding). @Fabrice comment would seem to confirm my suspicions.

So, out of respect to those Forum members who wish to avoid IP and not have to see the back and forth on those topics, I will refrain from further comment, but will gladly weigh in on another day, in another thread, and will certainly do so if it is in IP. Good luck with your client.

I find some difficulties to interpret such an enigmatic discussion which is so elongated from the subject of the troubled friend. Perhaps it would be clarifying for me to partake an anecdote of a troubled friend that I have myself known?

This friend was an economic migrant, and in search of a lodgment as he applied his trade. In the Ă©poque I lived in an apartment which was attached to the house of my uncle. The apartment had its proper entrance but not a proper address. We therefore had to receive mail via my uncle. My friend partook the apartment for several months with no difficulties to speak of. However it happed that I myself had difficulties with my uncle, and my friend became obsessed by this. He felt that I had been greatly wronged, and took particular offense to receive mail at my uncles address. He invented a new address, which was very fine, although this new address had no legal statut. He became furious if a factor or a letter arrived by the house of my uncle to the point that he would chastise his proper family and business contacts should they mention the precedent address. I do not know the fashion in which the history was finally reabsorbed, as I myself migrated to commence my travails in Europe. I still wonder to this day about my friend and his malplaced loyalty and indignace. I am reticent to contact him least I invite another intrusion upon my personal statut and family relations. And so this friend alas is no longer my friend.

I figured as much. I always enjoyed your verse
and taste in boobtoobage (one hopes you have partaken in the mastery that is Atlanta).

My response hopefully was taken as an effort to cross a dialogian bridge and not as rocks thrown from an opposite shore.

Your hopes have been met and exceeded. You could not be more within the spirit of my intent. You didn’t engage in “whataboutism” as some have. On point sir.

Reading about this “lost” friend makes me think of my friend who changed and mixed with the “wrong” crowd. I did not attend my 40th high school reunion and asked others if they saw him
he passed away. I think some people have internal demons which they cannot deal with
and some are too sensitive about their physical appearance (I think was my friend’s problem)
.well, we all must be the gatekeepers for our own mental health and the many decisions in our lives. I have found that most tragedies in the lives of people I know are self inflicted. I feel sorry for them but actually save most of my pity for those who suffer due to circumstances out of their control. And in most cases, there is not much or anything I could have done to help/save them
is that a cop out or excuse for inaction? maybe.