A good sundae place

It’s no longer there. :frowning:

Date Update:

The daughter and I went for a date finally!! After weeks of coughs and tummy bugs and chilly weather, today was the day. We LOVED it. We had something called Fire ice and it had a fire lit on a sugar cube, and loads of fruits and the best part was we could choose our own combination of scoops, so out went strawberry and in came chewy chocolate, with peanut butter ice-cream, oreo flavoured thingy and mango and fruits. Yummy!!!

Thank you all for the suggestions, and recommendations.
Delight!

I love Dad/daughter ice cream runs. We usually do cold stone in Taipei. And it’s always at some ridiculously silly hour which makes it twice as much fun. Plus, the hour drive each way, and the subsequent sugar rushes always make for entertaining road trips.

She’s 16, and it’s always something I’m terrified she’ll outgrow.

Glad you had a good time. :thumbsup:

[quote=“MJB”]I love Dad/daughter ice cream runs. We usually do cold stone in Taipei. And it’s always at some ridiculously silly hour which makes it twice as much fun. Plus, the hour drive each way, and the subsequent sugar rushes always make for entertaining road trips.

Glad you had a good time. :thumbsup:[/quote]

She will be going there with her BF in due course and saying she used to go there with her pop. :slight_smile:

[quote=“tommy525”][quote=“MJB”]I love Dad/daughter ice cream runs. We usually do cold stone in Taipei. And it’s always at some ridiculously silly hour which makes it twice as much fun. Plus, the hour drive each way, and the subsequent sugar rushes always make for entertaining road trips.

She will be going there with her BF in due course and saying she used to go there with her pop. :slight_smile:[/quote]

Tommy,

You have the most uncanny knack for saying things that make people want to strangle you…

Related (I think).

1. The milkshakes at KGB Burgers are outstanding.

2. Gelateria Cosi o Cosi (right next to Cosi o Cosi) has ice cream to die for. I do have to warn you that there isn’t really anywhere to sit down in shop and that they are not really equipped to pack tubs of the stuff that you can take home. Basically, you just buy a small serving there and find somewhere to eat it. But this is the real stuff.

Here’s a blog review with some nice pictures.

[quote=“MJB”][quote=“tommy525”][quote=“MJB”]I love Dad/daughter ice cream runs. We usually do cold stone in Taipei. And it’s always at some ridiculously silly hour which makes it twice as much fun. Plus, the hour drive each way, and the subsequent sugar rushes always make for entertaining road trips.

She will be going there with her BF in due course and saying she used to go there with her pop. :slight_smile:[/quote]

Tommy,

You have the most uncanny knack for saying things that make people want to strangle you…[/quote]

I know :smiley:

Actually, I thought Tommy’s comment was kindof sweet. For me it conjured up a harmless image of a couple of young kids simply sharing icecream (like your folks might’ve done back in the '50s, and surely it was all sweet and innocent then). Plus, mentioning that her pop used to take her there – surely that’s a sign of sweetness, innocence and fatherly devotion. Could be worse.

But, then, mine’s only six years old. I’m sure when they reach 16 one is constantly on guard for lurking dangers, especially in the form of boys. I’ll find out soon enough what you’re going through. :laughing:

Good luck MJB.

PS: Great pic, divea.

I figure the more my name comes up in conversations my daughters have with their boyfriends the better. I hope they remember to mention the fact that I have a 2nd degree black belt in taekwondo and the protective sensibilities of a rottweiler.

I figure the more my name comes up in conversations my daughters have with their boyfriends the better. I hope they remember to mention the fact that I have a 2nd degree black belt in taekwondo and the protective sensibilities of a rottweiler.[/quote]
:roflmao: PLus she will be living at home till she gets married (past 30) :slight_smile: like all TW girls these days . Get her home by 11 son or your ass is grass.

p.s. there aint nuttin like a banana split !! nuttin.

Thanks Mother teresa,

Tommy525, MJB is right. The strangling thing that is. And I think I agree with Maoman, the more she talks about her mom on a date the better…

At least when Tommy525 finally makes it to a Happy Hour we’ll know at a glance who he is.

Ha ya, I may have to go in disguise tho. :slight_smile: Or wait till my own daughter is 20 (she isnt born yet).

edit: I was just raising a point that kids grow up. Iv never had a kid (yet?) so i dont know the feeling but it must initially be a shock i would think when kids start to go out with the opposite sex and go to college and away from home, etc? And of course if they are getting older and havent started dating we may start to get concerned then perhaps. From my readings, it seems most parents are very protective of their young even in their 20s (at least in Taiwan) and then slacken up a bit when they are mid 20s to 30s and give more free reign when they are past 30??

I know (or knew) some late twenty TW girls that live away from their families and enjoy a lot of personal freedom. But they keep their BF secret from their families until such time as they need to know. For example my now ex, then gf kept our relationship secret from her family for years until she was close to getting married to me. She was 25 when we met and we married years later.

And yes, if your child often comments on you to their friends or boyfriends/girlfriends as the case may be, you have done a pretty good job.

My GF often comments on what her mother would think/say/do bout a lot of things. And yet iv heard her talk to her mom and it seems rather “distant” and even a bit “cold” to the outside party. LIke its not overly warm? But yet she obviously thinks very highly of her mom and lives her life according to standards set by her mom. I often tell her, “you should tell your Mom how much her way of thinking figures in your daily life” she would be very pleased.

Where’s the chief when you need him?

I can do the honours…Tommy shut it :smiley:

:popcorn: just chillin, eating mah sundae :whistle:

That’s popcorn, you idiot! :aiyo:

theres no sundae icon pops, whatcha gonna do? eh?

use ur noggin and imagine.
“imagine theres no heaven…”

So where do you go for a simple ice cream sunday these days? Can’t stop thinking about one since seeing The Irishman. Just having this weird coffee jello thing at Komeda’s which isn’t bad but not the real thing. Swenson’s is gone. Chili’s and TGIF don’t have on menus.

Hasn’t Costco had a caramel sundae on the food court menu recently? Can’t speak to the quality.

EDIT: Even if they’re still selling them, standing around in a food court stripped of tables may be not quite the ambience you’re looking for.