A good Swimming Pool in Taipei

[quote=“tommy525”]GF took me to a nice indoor swimming pool in Taipei . Its on Xinyi road right besides the CKS memorial. A sports complex with archery, indoor golf on various floors, 50 meter warm pool in basement. Kept at around 25c it seems, maybe warmer, it was definitely not cold and fairly clean. Theres also a steam room and sauna (diff ones for male/female) and theres a warmer hot pool to heat up a bit. 110nt to get in. Have to wear a cap.

Been there twice, liked it. Good place to do a few laps. Open till 10pm or 11pm , I forgot[/quote]

is it the one called “Jhong Jheng People sports center”?
ive been there few times, its pretty nice

YEs chongcheng is the right one. ITs right on Hsinyi and next to the CKS memorial
Just came back from another swim there. Nice place.

Yes, the Zhongzheng Sports Center (jjsports.com.tw/) is at the beginning of Xinyi, back entrance on Renai too. I used to do an indoor soccer practice there and have been to the pool. Besides those, they’ve also got a gym, golf driving practice area, archery range, shooting range, badminton/volleyball, table tennis, dance classes, underground parking…

[quote=“tommy525”]YEs chongcheng is the right one. ITs right on Xinyi and next to the CKS memorial
Just came back from another swim there. Nice place.[/quote]

you know the price of the menbership over there?

or you just pay for the pool entrance fee?

Its 110 nt each time for an adult to swim. I heard the monthly pool pass is around 1500nt. The other things on different floors all have their own membership and pricing.

tks~

Think I’d keep swimming at Beitou because it’s near my place, but might check this place out for some after work activities.

Just drove past the brand new Xinyi sports complex. IM sure that will be a pretty nice place too. Worth checking out for sure. Its a few mins walk from the TAipei 101

I’ve searched all the threads and been to the tealit site (which seems to be missing a lot of pools?) but can’t find the information I want . I heard there is a nice (indoor) pool by the Shilin MRT station? Heard it was “right across the street” so though I could find it, but couldn’t. Any specific instructions on how to find it?

Any other updated information on nice indoor pools, especially kid-friendly ones? I usually use Zhongshan Sports Center but it was closed last week, not sure when it’s open again. Anywhere in Taipei is fine though near an MRT station is best.

[quote=“gamemaker”]I’ve searched all the threads and been to the tealit site (which seems to be missing a lot of pools?) but can’t find the information I want . I heard there is a nice (indoor) pool by the Shilin MRT station? Heard it was “right across the street” so though I could find it, but couldn’t. Any specific instructions on how to find it?

Any other updated information on nice indoor pools, especially kid-friendly ones? I usually use Zhongshan Sports Center but it was closed last week, not sure when it’s open again. Anywhere in Taipei is fine though near an MRT station is best.[/quote]

Is the zhongshan sports center the one on xinyi road , next to the CKS memorial? Cuz thats a nice one. They also just opened a new one like that one near the TAipei 101. You can take the MRT to the CITY HALL station on the blue line and hike it there in bout 10 to 15 mins. Its behind a white building . Its called the XinYI sports center.

should be nice.

taipeitimes.com/News/taiwan/ … 2003443808

edit: Zhongshan sports center must be this one?
cyc.org.tw/cssc/map_e.htm

Ok thats not the same one I was thinking. This one , the ZhongZheng is really nice and its on xinyi road and right alongside the cks memorial. Heres a thread on forumosa bout it. And you can get to it by walking bout five mins from the NTU hospital stop on the MRT. And its very kid friendly. IT even has a large pool thats very suitable for kids heated to a higher temperature too with jacuzzi spots and waterfalls.Great stuff.

forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopi … 46&start=0

Now that the Neihu Line is open, you can go to Dahu Station. There’s a swimming pool at Dahu Park.

Heres the location of TAipei sports centers. And it gives the address of the one you are looking for in shihlin too

zh.scratchpad.wikia.com/index.ph … iant=zh-tw

zh.scratchpad.wikia.com/index.ph … iant=zh-tw

address:
No.1, Shishang Rd., Shilin District, Taipei

hope the forumosa sleuths have helped you out here :slight_smile: happy swimming

[quote=“gamemaker”]I’ve searched all the threads and been to the tealit site (which seems to be missing a lot of pools?) but can’t find the information I want . I heard there is a nice (indoor) pool by the Shilin MRT station? Heard it was “right across the street” so though I could find it, but couldn’t. Any specific instructions on how to find it?

Any other updated information on nice indoor pools, especially kid-friendly ones? I usually use Zhongshan Sports Center but it was closed last week, not sure when it’s open again. Anywhere in Taipei is fine though near an MRT station is best.[/quote]

The pool that was right across the street closed about a year ago.

Sweet that’s great information everyone, thanks!