A good Swimming Pool in Taipei

Hi, I am new in Taipei. I want to know where I can go for swimming, but without membership, because I might not be here for a long time.
I don’t want the sport club, because all I want just swimming pool, maybe with sauna,steam and Jacuzzi but its not a must.
so anyone can help me to find the good swimming pool around Taipei with the reasonable (cheap) price/entry… hehehe…
Thanks in advance for the information…

check here

www.tealit.com/swimming.htm

HTH

thanks funk500… it help alot…

I live in Shi Lin and I want to check out some nice swimming pools in the area. (Or even further away if it’s worth it…).

Any suggestions?

:unamused:

Try searching this site + head to tealit.com - they have a section on swimming pools in taiwan

[quote=“BlackMamba”]I live in Shilin and I want to check out some nice swimming pools in the area. (Or even further away if it’s worth it…).

Any suggestions?

:unamused:[/quote]
If you’ve got ID that proves you live in Shilin, you can swim for free in Beitou’s large, indoor public pool. That pool is free for residents of Beitou District (as far as I can tell). For all others, you pay NT $110 admission.

Last time I checked the hours, they were as follows:

5:30am-7:20am
8:30am-11:15am
1:30pm-4:15pm
6:00pm-8:40pm

Closed on Mondays. Phone: (02) 2834-4672

If you want to find the pool, come to Beitou, look for the very large multi-colored tower (garbage incinerator) and drive to the base of it. The pool is in the first large building there. Closest MRT station is Qilian (plus 15 minute walk).

I’d say if you’re in Shilin your best bet would be the one up on the road that goes to the National Palace Museum. This pool is right next door to the old movie studio place - it may even share the same entrance. I’ve never been there, but I’ve had a look formt heoutside, and a friend ensures me that it’s very nice. As an added bonus the use an alternative cleaning system, rather than chlorine.

Brian

“My Island” swimming pool right next to MRT Shilin station on the southern end. Haven’t tried but heard good stuff about it. Open 24 hours, not cheap though (NT$400-500 as far as I remember).

[quote=“seeker4”][quote=“BlackMamba”]I live in Shilin and I want to check out some nice swimming pools in the area. (Or even further away if it’s worth it…).

Any suggestions?

:unamused:[/quote]
If you’ve got ID that proves you live in Shilin, you can swim for free in Beitou’s large, indoor public pool. That pool is free for residents of Beitou District (as far as I can tell). [/quote]

Correct - a Taiwanese friend who lives there told me its as a payback to residents for having a garbage incinerator in the neighbourhood. The pool is heated by the incineration plant.

[quote=“Bu Lai En”]I’d say if you’re in Shilin your best bet would be the one up on the road that goes to the National Palace Museum. This pool is right next door to the old movie studio place - it may even share the same entrance. I’ve never been there, but I’ve had a look formt heoutside, and a friend ensures me that it’s very nice. As an added bonus the use an alternative cleaning system, rather than chlorine.

Brian[/quote]

Hi Brian,

this sounds interesting. Do you have an address or phone no. of this place?

Thanks.

It’s right next door to the Chinese Movie Studio place (中影文化城) which my map tells me is at 34 Zhishan Rd Sec 2 (至善路二段34號)

Brian

I went to the YMCA pool in Beitou today. It’s close to the Shipai MRT station kind of. It’s on Lane 39 of Shipai road. A bit of a walk from the station. I got the address from the Tealit site and tried to find it one time but I didn’t walk down the lane far enough. Today my wife showed me how to get there. It’s 110$ to swim one time or 1500 for a book of 30 tickets that are good for 60 days.

Would love to bask in the sun somewhere in Taipei city. It seems only hotels have swimming pools open to the public-any ideas as to the best?

Taipei Country Club, with a primo view of 101 from a nearby hillside is a good one. (And I have a bunch of discounted entry tickets for that place that I no longer need, as my community swimming pool has re-opened after a 2 month management dispute. PM me if you’re interested in buying them.)

Somewhat dated list from Tealit –
tealit.com/article_categorie … e=swimming

Unfortunately, a “relaxing” experience can never be guaranteed on weekends. The outdoor pool in Ta-Hu Park (Nei-Hu) was pretty relaxing Mon-Fri 10:30-14:30 a couple of summers ago.

There was a very nice small swimming pool I used to go to. Belonged to the US military. As you face the AIT compound go down the alleyway on your right. After about a hundred feet or so turn right and you will come across a parking lot and a pool to your left !! They sell monthly passes as well as pay as you go plans. I was last there in 1999 so things may have changed. It was a nice little pool. Well kept, hot showers, clean. You do have to wear the stupid swim caps tho and the lifeguard there wont allow anyone to use suntan lotion (he doesnt want to pollute the water he said. In spite of all this, I think it was 60nt for a swim and it was worth it.

Thank you so much for the suggestions. Will check them out today.

GF took me to a nice indoor swimming pool in Taipei . Its on Hsin Yi road right besides the CKS memorial. A sports complex with archery, indoor golf on various floors, 50 meter warm pool in basement. Kept at around 25c it seems, maybe warmer, it was definitely not cold and fairly clean. Theres also a steam room and sauna (diff ones for male/female) and theres a warmer hot pool to heat up a bit. 110nt to get in. Have to wear a cap.

Been there twice, liked it. Good place to do a few laps. Open till 10pm or 11pm , I forgot

Was it YMCA? Sounds a lot like the YMCA in Beitou (near Shipai MRT).

Excellent 50m pool as well, 110nt for a regular swim, but you can buy coupon books so it’s cheaper.

Only annoying this is that none of the Taiwanese read the signs for the ‘fast’ and ‘slow’ lanes, so I’m constantly having to ‘force’ the geriatric breast-strokers into the correct lanes so they aren’t in my way.

(There was no pun intended with ‘geriatric breast-strokers’ – I was being literal). :stuck_out_tongue:

NO wasnt the YMCA. Its a sports complex on Hsinyi road right next to the CKS memorial hall. Its a 8 story or so white building with a Barista cafe on the first floor. Nice place. IF you buy a monthly pass its only 1500nt they tell me. And its opened from 6am till 10pm everyday. Pretty long hours.