A-huang and the art of driving ... got me nearly killed!

Last night, returning home, after getting off the bus I crossed the road on the legally marked pedestrian crossing and a traffic light that -as mostly was on blinking mode-, on a 4 lane road (double two lane) from Sanxia to Tucheng. Looking left, no cars so go … getting at the middle divider, looked right, nothing … about 50m down the road there is a traffic light, on red. So I went on my merry way, and being just in the middle I heard screeching tyres, I looked right and A-Huang in his dated Toyota or similar (peeling paint) was zigzag sliding direction concrete middle divider, than turned direction and almost clipped me, then went on to the right side of the road, still sliding an screeching his tyres … I was thinking he’ll overturn and roll on his merry way into the decor … but alas he came to a stop right in front of another car and some traffic sign poles … (no not the one used for pole dancing) so, there he stood, and I was still standing in the middle of the road, for a bout 10 seconds … and he drove off! He left about a 30-50 meter tyre mark, meaning he’s not going slow, probably speeding, skipping a red light, drunk or high on binlang, or maybe texting, smoking chewing and doing whatever you don’t do in a car while driving, spooked by me legally crossing a road on a legal marked pedestrian crossing.
The sausage vendor on the corner of the road looked up, of course he heard something, but didn’t see … and went on his merry BBQ’ing of sweet greasy sausages … all good, no waiguoren killed tonight he thought, let’s make some more money. And I, I went on my merry way, waiting for the next crazy driver to clip me some time, next time, legally crossing a road! :popcorn: :whistle: The night was good, then I had beer!

Maybe he had been reading your posts on flawb and wanted to waste you because of your atrocious punctuation and misuse of ellipses. :2cents:

Guy

My apologies … for not being … SA. Let’s have another whisky … or is it whiskey … Whisbih! A b-beer will do just fine! :popcorn:

At least he stopped…

On the news last week some old person crossing got smoked by a speeding scooter… it didn’t look like they would have survived… At least ah Huang was sort of looking :slight_smile: ……

The amount of jackassery on the roads here is really staggering. The precarious finances of the government could be partially addressed simply by handing out tickets for infractions. But that would mean cops actually doing their job, and everyone else actually complying with the law.

Guy

I know you’ve been here much longer than me, but I think if you want to remain sane on this island, you go a little with the grain as a coping mechanism.
Keep calm, carry on, and tend to your greasy sausages.

Guy

We all go a little mad sometimes.

Guy

That’s definitely not happening. :thumbsup:

That’s definitely not happening. :thumbsup:[/quote]
Word.

Guy